A-TEC Compact Modular Sound Moderator..

Hi chaps... I bought an A-Tec Compact Modular sound mod from Kaliderscope recently and i thought you guys would like to know how i got on with it on it's maiden test.

Paced out 100 yards and put up a target. I needed to see how the mod would effect the POI. The first shot was 1 moa right & 1/2 moa down. So 2 clicks up and 4 clicks left and she was bang on target. Tried a 5 shot string to check group size. No detriment at all. The little T3 printed a .257" group as it does usualy when i do my bit with my favourite 60 grn FBHP over 26 grns of Varget load..

Sound suppression was def on a par with the old reflex T8 i had, if not better. At half the size of the Reflex, i think it's a brill bit of kit...

At £280 i expected Bentley quality and i got it.. Small , quiet and very strippable , so easy to clean. This mod is very solid and oozes quality in its manufacture, I can highly recommend it.. Grant...

DSCF0356.jpg

Great write up glad your pleased.But.....

Take cover ;) moderators

I better pop off to the kitchen and make a cuppa and something to eat so I can get comfortable infront of the PC :D

Dave

Guest wireviz

BB i NEW YOU HAD INVESTED IN THE atec you dog no wounder you were sticking up for them on my site .Now come out from behind the cou ;):D ch

BB i NEW YOU HAD INVESTED IN THE atec you dog no wounder you were sticking up for them on my site .Now come out from behind the cou :):blush: ch

No vested interest Dave, makes no difference to me finically if Kal sells them or not. I was just sticking up for a mate, as good mates do on your site. ;)

Best rgds

B-b

Edi. This one is a 6 baffle mod. You need to ask Kal for what calibers are avail.. No time now but i'll post a pic 2moro of it on my rifle. No it's not an over barrel type..

Grant..

The mod comes in two calibre sizes, 6.5 and downwards, and .30 cal downwards.The baffles can be added/subtracted, dependant on what you want, sound suppression wise, and weight obviously. Its a very clever design, and its patented.

Its muzzle mounted, and its a very sturdy, strong design.It can be threaded any thread you wish, up to a maximum of maybe 20 millimetres, as they are supplied blank.I dont know how quiet they are, as i havent heard one yet.

As with all mods, its swings and roundabouts.I,m personally not a fan of muzzle cans, but i,m gonna try one myself in the near future on the 6mmbr that i,m on with.In my opinion, a better version of the jet-z can, as its totally strippable.

Archived