Bolts by post

forbie

• 1 month later...

Incorrect.

Many thousands of firearms and moderators are shipped by parcel force every day.

What does that mean exactly Dave?

For example, could I send you a bolt for modification or a barrelled action for painting via Parcelforce without involving my RFD?

What does that mean exactly Dave?

For example, could I send you a bolt for modification or a barrelled action for painting via Parcelforce without involving my RFD?

You can send any firearm or part of direct to an RFD using RMSD, however it can't be sent directly back to you

You can send any firearm or part of direct to an RFD using RMSD, however it can't be sent directly back to you

Correct, RM and PF cannot refuse to take S1 or S2 controlled items, they tried to get it stopped but were told they had to take them (by OFCOM or whoever it is controls them).

As an FAC or SGC holder you can send in the post but it has to be to a dealer (RFD) and overnight.

Some places (Post Offices) won't take them on a Friday or Saturday if they cannot get the parcel moved on and have nowhere secure to store it.

The parcel cannot be air-uplifted, it has to go by ground.

The contents have to be declared as either S1 or S2.

The receiving RFD can only ship it back to another RFD, not to you as the FAC or SGC holder.

Hope that helps.

ETA: from Royal Mails website;

Guns for sporting use

Guns intended for sporting purposes - including Section 1 (e.g. hunting rifles) and Section 2 (e.g. shotguns) firearms, low-powered air weapons and their component parts - may be sent in compliance with UK law and subject to domestic controls on the possession of firearms. Antiques, deactivated and imitation firearms are also permitted. When sending deactivated firearms include proof of deactivation.

Items that appear to be prohibited weapons may be subject to additional checks and delays. Please see www.royalmail.com/prohibitedgoods

Use 1st Class as the minimum service. The sender’s name and address must be clearly visible on the outer packaging.

Archived