grouping

snow white

Vermin and fox if I do something I like to get the best but I think for what I am shooting that is good enough.i did put some 40mm exploding discs at two hundred yards to targets two shots two hits.using a heanel 223 only fired 50 rounds from new think it is beded in know what do you think.

Again it depends at what distances you want to shoot the vermin I guess. If you can group inside 75mm then I think its a realistic distance to hunt at for crows/rabbits, maybe 100mm if its fox. Clearly you have a decent rifle and technique to shoot those groups, if this is factory ammo then maybe you could start to load you own and if you already load then have you done extensive load development as there may be further accuracy waiting to be found?

You only need to look at some of the groups posted here at longer ranges to see how good it can get, something that is always a sobering thought for me when I think Im shooting well.

I have do some load development over the last couple days will be trying it over sat/sun will put some photos up what I am after is a group touching at two hundred yards then I will be happy hope it comes of over the next couple of days.the trouble is I am in open fields.

try and shoot down a hedge line this will limit and decrease the wind for you, inside an inch at 200 should be more than good enuf for 0-400yard shooting of rabbits and fox to be fair,

Well the weather is looking good very slit breeze having breakfast then down to farm to try if I can put five touching at two hundred yards. Trying 55grams vmax with 23.8 grains n133 vith powder. then 50grain Sierra blitzking with 24.0 grains n133 powder. Also going to try 50grain blitzking with 25.0 grains n133 powder.will let you know how I got on tonight.

Good luck!

If you can,try to shoot several 5 shot groups,as they can vary,even if small-just like the seven dwarves!

A good sample on a good day will tell much more than one group-and go a long way to answering your question.

g

I agree with what gbal says, several five shot groups to give an indication of the potential accuracy.

Then however go into the middle of the field on a windy day at 200m, take a cold bore shot, then correct for windage and elevation and shoot 5, 5 shot groups. Take the worst group and add the error of the cold bore shot from the center of the target. This is the accuracy you are capable of for shooting fur and feathers and why 1/2 moa rifles become 2 moa rifles.

Archived