Recommend a suitable high volume reloading press / station please?

Tiff

I'm looking for a reloading press / reloading station that can produce at least a few hundred high quality rounds per hour. Ideally it would consist of one core press/system that could handle both rifle and pistol rounds, obviously with appropriate parts swapped over...

It will mainly be used for 9mm, 5.56, 7.62x51 and possibly .38, .357 mag, 7.62x39 & .303.

It needs to include as many of the required operations in one system as possible - preferably with a primer pocket swager (or potentially reamer) and a case trimmer if possible....Although a Giraud trimmer could always be used instead if necessary.

Basically apart from ultrasonic or stainless steel tumbling/LEM cleaning the cases, I'd like the press/station to do it all in one unit if possible...

Budget is flexible to a degree, but certainly nowhere near five figures, so fully automated systems are unfortunately not in the equation.

At the moment I am thinking Dillon Super 1050 or XL 650, however very open to suggestions.

What would you recommend?

Many thanks,

Tiff

I use a dillon 550 with case feeder conversion installed.

I reload 9mm, 38/357 and 45acp.

I dont reload rifle rounds on this machine as I load each round individually on another press but for short range/non ultimate precision shooting in high volume the dillon would be the yoke!

First question (and it may sound daft) why do you need a primer pocket swaying facility on it?

I'd much rather remove any crimp in the process, rather than have another additional separate piece of equipment. It will be used to reload mostly military LC / Federal brass of various ages, so the degree of crimping I found varies between the cases considerably. I'm assuming a swaging function would be better than reaming for this purpose?

Dillon 1050 would be the way to go, they just work. The machine Bradders uses is well over 20 years old, I know as I sold it to him. When 'tuned' they can produce consistent rifle ammo but as rifle cases need lubing it's not a single run through the press as with pistol ammo as you decap, primer pocket swage, resize and maybe trim in one run through the cases then need cleaning before priming, powder filling and bullet seating. Changing calibres on a 1050 is a bit of a faff though.

Ok, I wasn't sure what brass you would be using.

There are no progressive hi capacity presses available with a pocket reamer, and as far as I'm aware the only one available with a swager is the Dillon Super 1050.

I have an early 1050 as can be seen in my videos.

A new Super 1050 will be somewhere around £1800, maybe more!

You can fit a Dillon trimmer to one of the stations and it does a very good job.

It doesn't chamfer or deburr, but cuts so clean it's irrelevant, and it's not detrimental..

Archived