New to night vision need advice

jonathan.308

New to night vision need advice, Which is the best nightvision to purchase ? and where is the best place to purchase it from ?, thinking about the unit for the back of my scope so that I can still high magnification was looking through a PVF 14 The other night and was very impressed popping bunnies at 210 yards and could see them as if it was daytime no problem with it on back of a night force NSX. Can you do this with most night vision units as the PVF 14 is the only one I have ever looked through.

Any advice will be welcome thank you Jonathan.

You should be aware that should you get a s/h pvs14 and it goes pop then it's unlikely to be repairable unless sourced from a bona fide retailer. The US take their itar restricted nv very seriously. If I was going for a gen3 tubed addon I would have a word with Carl Moore at nightvision gear uk.

You should be aware that should you get a s/h pvs14 and it goes pop then it's unlikely to be repairable unless sourced from a bona fide retailer. The US take their itar restricted nv very seriously. If I was going for a gen3 tubed addon I would have a word with Carl Moore at nightvision gear uk.

Just how many posts have you seen about busted PVS14's have you seen, personally I have seen none at all.

Very reliable bits of kit IMO

As good as the PVS14 is I would steer away from that route as the apparent recoil problems on anything bigger than a 223 and as mentioned the fact that they aren't exactly legitimately sourced in the UK hence no warranty

If its a dedicated you want I'd be going down the Gen 2+/3 route from as already mentioned Carl Moore or if you specifically want an add on an Archer from Starlight which despite its detractors has stood the test of time

If you want to go digital the best by far is the Drone again sold by Carl which will give you the benefit of both day/night capabilities

Nothing matches up to a dedicated good Gen 2+/3 in my opinion though

Jonathan- i use a 14 had it on my 6x47-22br but mainly its on my .17rem.

as wsm has mentioned archers are good but the pvs 14 is better iv had an archer and too many problems with it-it could have just been mine but you hear the storys so i got shut and bought a 14. look through as many models of nv you can to get a good idea of what you want-also digital stuff is very good these days the drone x10 sounds like its taking its fair amount of vermin.

when are you next at diggle?

Archived