Bergara barrel results

gun nut

Baldie fitted a new Bergara to my .270win Remmy stalking rifle last year and I'm extremely pleased with it. The pics below were taken on a range day last Oct ( I think) but I never got round to posting, so for anyone interested in Bergara's , or Dave's work....

post-10909-0-65811800-1423743873_thumb.jpg

post-10909-0-84878400-1423743908_thumb.jpg

post-10909-0-18695900-1423743924_thumb.jpg

The above targets are 2 shots at 100,200 and 300m with no sighters, and even more impressively with 2 different loads each time. 130gr Hornady SST and 130gr Hornady interlock soft point, both over 55.3gr of Vit N160.

Before you say it, this is a Stalking rifle, and I'm only really interested where the first shot goes each time, it does however shot very good 3 shot groups but I was out to test the preset dial ups on my Swaro Z5 specifically that day, as well as seeing where the soft point would group compared to the SST's, but as you can see they are interchangeable, at least out to 300m

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/avz53628vesaf32/AACltUlLLXaDw2-AaO1NFOb9a

And her she is in her natural enviroment!

Thanks for a great job Dave.

Hi Big Al

I've just ordered a new build with Dave, which was what triggered this post, because he asked if I'd any preference on which barrel make to use and I had no hesitation in going with another Bergara, 6.5x47 flavour this time.

Srvet

Swarovski Z5 5-25X52 with the BT, awesome bit of kit for a stalking rifle, and the turrets worked brilliantly. Compared firing solutions from Shooter and Swaro's own ballistic program to set them up.

Mike

Does anyone know the diameter of the un profile cylinder blanks? I need something over 1.25" as the first 6" that engages the action in the dta needs to be that spec. so I need something that can be turned down to that

Danny,

Dave or Foxy could answer that for you I'm sure. The one on the .270 is less than that but its a light sporter profile, Bergara no.2 profile, and its a good bit less than the remmy action which are about 1.35"ish

Mike

Hi Bewsh,

from the above results I can only conclude that I am. That was the first time I'd tried the interlocks (#2730 is the Hornady reference number) and their ballistic paths are extremely close by the look of it. I was down to my last 20 SST's and had a full box of the SP Interlocks so loaded some up just in case I needed them before the end of deer season. I expected at least an moa difference between them and was amazed at the result. In the 100m target the top hole was the #2730 in the 200 and 300m targets the rh bullet strikes were both the #2730's which I fired first and the SST's were nearer the bull only because I adjusted poa after the first shot, ideally I should have held the same for both I suppose but didn't think at the time and automatically adjusted aim for the wind off the previous shot.

I might add this was one of my better days on the trigger and that I don't always shoot that well!!

Mike

Does anyone know the diameter of the un profile cylinder blanks? I need something over 1.25" as the first 6" that engages the action in the dta needs to be that spec. so I need something that can be turned down to that

I'm only reading their website, but here http://www.bergararifles.com/en/barrels/ it seems to say the max diameter is 30.5mm, 1.20"

Archived