Anyone use a Krieger light varmint contour barrel?

Hi guys,

anyone using the above barrel? or something similar?

I hopefully will be embarking on a semi custom build in the not to distant future and i quite like the look of this contour.

What are your thoughts on the weight?

Plan is for a .284 to use for deer, mainly highseat work, but dont want to make it to heavy to haul around! and occasional target work(probably not very often)

I was thinking around 26" maybe 28" to try and get the best out of the cal but not making it to unwieldy.

many thanks,

Joe

Joe i have Kreiger on a nesika .22br its a heavy varmint contour -shoots extremely well thats all i can help you with really-when this is due for a rebarrel then i will go for a lighter profile.

I have a Kreiger.284 #6, 0.750 at the muzzle and 26 long, fluted.

I think it's a great looking barrel that's not massively heavy. Not light weight either but perfect prone or highseat gun.

I use a krieger on me .20 prac , i consider them in the top 5 best barrel makers . compaired to my walther , it is superior and cleans in 6-8 patches . But mine is heavy varminting profile @25 " and heavy . My pac nor thats on the way is light varmint but isnt built yet . So cant coment on that weight yet ... You wont go wrong with a krieger , read about them on 6mmbr site ;) Atb

Joe,you have it about right.Krieger barrels are excellent.Your use dictates cartridge and weight-284 is as good as any 7mm for high seat and very good for occasional range work,and weight does not need to be very light for seat,and best not light for range.Med Varmint is about right-I'd go heavy varmint if the balance was a lot of range,occasional high seat,but it isn't.Med Varmint isn't too heavy for limited comfortable carry either.26 will be more than adequate from seat-can't imaging 600y + senderos,though 30 would make a noticeable range use difference,28 is probably compromise both ways?

gbal

Archived