kahles k624i or swarovski z6i 5x30 bt

stephentri

hi iam looking for a new scope for my .223 rem i will be shooting out to 600 yards,rifle is used for vermin and informal target shooting.
would the z6 have enough elevation to get out to 600 yards.
optically would both scopes be equal or would the swarovski have the edge at low light.
if going for the kahles i like the mil4 recital would this be a good option for small targets at 600 yards.
if any of you have got either of these scpoes please let me know what yous think.
thanks stephen

I have a Kahles with mil4 ret. What species are you intending on shooting/trying to shoot at 600 yd.

A big ask to take on crows at that range with calibre and reticle.

Most likely milk cartons at 600y but crows and rabbits out to around 400y ,I also lamp foxes at night what is the scope like at night time.

Thanks

Reticle should be fine at those ranges and targets.

For lamping the illumination is a bit too bright if used. Only need to just turn it on on its lowest intensity.

Paralax is a bit stiff too on mine, but from what I have seen this depends on one scope to another.

They do seem a very robust scope.

I have a k624i, if the IR is too bright, leave it on overnight. Mine is perfect for lamping with a low charged battery.

A friend thinks the reticle is too fine under the lamp, I don't find any problem. If it is that bad, the IR is an option.

The glass is great at night, I would suggest looking through one first if the reticle worries you

I have a k624i, if the IR is too bright, leave it on overnight. Mine is perfect for lamping with a low charged battery.

A friend thinks the reticle is too fine under the lamp, I don't find any problem. If it is that bad, the IR is an option.

The glass is great at night, I would suggest looking through one first if the reticle worries you

What reticle do you use?

We had the Khales as a test scope at a plod school - comparing it to a S&B 5-25x56 PMII the Khales did very, very well. About the only negative I had was that it did not parallax down to 10m, Otherwise robustness, optics, tracking, everything was excellent. I would take one over a S&B as the Khales has a better warranty. The Swaro I have not used so can not comment.

hi iam looking for a new scope for my .223 rem i will be shooting out to 600 yards,rifle is used for vermin and informal target shooting.[/size]would the z6 have enough elevation to get out to 600 yards.[/size]optically would both scopes be equal or would the swarovski have the edge at low light.[/size]if going for the kahles i like the mil4 recital would this be a good option for small targets at 600 yards.[/size]if any of you have got either of these scpoes please let me know what yous think.[/size]thanks stephen[/size]

I have a swarovski z6i on my 223 and with hornady 75gr bthps there is enough elevation to reach out to 800 yards. The wind age is only good for about a 15 mph wind out to 650 yards. Other than that I love this scope as it has a really fine plex reticle which is perfect for rabbits and the likes at longer ranges as I dial in all the time . Hope this helps. Macloeds of tain have some great deals on as new swarovskis. My friend bought a non illuminated 5-30x50 for 1100 pounds which was like brand new.

Archived