To Picatinny or not to Picatinny?

Evening all,

About to place an order for a BAT LA repeater, for a 6.5 build and trying to decide on wether to order one with an integral rail, or order one without leaving me always having the option.

Is there any real advantage in an integral rail??

Barrel will be 26-27" Standard Target or Heavy Palma profile.

As an extra any particular reason why Palma profiles are so popular other than an ability to cut to length?

Regards, and thanks.

Maltbuck

I guess that an integral rail will result in a marginally more rigid action overall and obviously no danger of it ever loosening ....but played against you giving up the option on changing any MOA cant in the future.

Order with integral rail - you don't specify calibre but I doubt you would encounter issues if you ordered 20 or 0 moa incline.

The benefit of the stiffer action are the gain here.

Palma (medium) profile barrels - my fave, they are light enough to carry all day and stiff enough for range use, fitted loads.

Like ronin 20 moa intergrated , less parts to loosen or loose zero if it took a knock . Ps you very lucky bu@@er :P i hope the wait isn't too excruciating . Atb- tim

PS forgot to say , get a pair or one piece ( top quality ) mounts and your ready to punch tiny holes ...

Some premium barrel makers finish-lap their barrels with a slight choke in the last few inches at the muzzle to improve accuracy, so there may be a negative impact if you cut too much off!

Which manufacturers do this?

Archived