Starlight Arrow or Ward D vision / Nite site

Tubs

Not sure which to go for would be used on 22rf and 17hmr and airguns as i dont think either would fit my Swarovski Z6i which is on my 223, Tried looking for info on youtube and google but there is nothing explaining in detail from what i could find. Any one tried or got one that could give me there review/ comments and what type of IR that works best i'm hoping to shoot rabbits out to 150 yards max, A friend of mine thinks the Nite site Wolf or Eagle will be best but i'm not so happy with the shooting stance / technique and the glare they give off.

Not sure which to go for would be used on 22rf and 17hmr and airguns as i dont think either would fit my Swarovski Z6i which is on my 223, Tried looking for info on youtube and google but there is nothing explaining in detail from what i could find. Any one tried or got one that could give me there review/ comments and what type of IR that works best i'm hoping to shoot rabbits out to 150 yards max, A friend of mine thinks the Nite site Wolf or Eagle will be best but i'm not so happy with the shooting stance / technique and the glare they give off.

I've not got either of the above but I have got a NT300 which I use on a rimmy for rabbiting. Have a word with Marky610 on here as he makes and sells them.

I use mine with a nightmaster.

Loads of info over on the nightvisionuk forum.

Hi Tubs,

Any of those should do what you need of them really.

In terms of the Ward D Vision, we designed this from the ground up to be the best add on available. It is unique that it doesn't affect your shooting position as the whole unit adds just 75mm-90mm to the back of your scope so it fits within the eye relief. Most other add on's add twice this to the rifle.

It has a lot of other advantages too, longest run time, best optics and range, waterproof, etc. but does cost a bit more than the others.

The Ward D Vision 700 with our little Ward T20 IR illuminator will be good out to 200-250 yards. Use the bigger T67 IR and it gets out to 400.

We do also make an adapter bush to fit to the tapered Z6 eyepiece, but you would need to keep the magnification around 6x to get the unit to focus correctly with that scope as ideally you need a scope that parallaxes down to 25-35 yards and the Zeiss is 50 IIRC.

There are a couple of videos on the product page to give you an idea of the performance here: http://www.nightvisionstore.co.uk/ward-d-vision-700-digital-night-vision-c2x14686536

Any questions on it, just let me know.

Cheers

Clive

You will struggle to get an off the shelf mount for the push on Digital NV on the Z6i because of the illumination control

Correct! I was thinking about the Zeiss' with the tapered eyepiece.

We might be able to get the WDV to fit the Z6 though as it only needs 10mm to clamp to but we'd need the actual scope to measure up and design the bushing.

Cheers

Clive

Thats great and thanks for the replies ,sounds like the ward d vision will suit my needs and thank you clive for your help on answering my questions, This site really is the shooters bible.

Thats great and thanks for the replies ,sounds like the ward d vision will suit my needs and thank you clive for your help on answering my questions, This site really is the shooters bible.

Hi Tubs,

No problem at all. And you are right UKV is the oracle. B)

Cheers

Clive

• 1 year later...

Archived