moderators for .243

agraham

Hi all. I'm new to this forum so here I go. I have been looking for a mod for my tikka. I have been looking at the wildcat evolution or the hardy gen 5 stealth. My budget is 350. Now I like the look of hardy but as I have never heard how loud they are I'm not sure as there are mixed reviews. I'm very tempted on the evolution as I could use extra 150 and get rifle cerecoated. Has anybody experience with these mods? I have a predator 8 on my .223 but want something bit lighter.

Hi all. I'm new to this forum so here I go. I have been looking for a mod for my tikka. I have been looking at the wildcat evolution or the hardy gen 5 stealth. My budget is 350. Now I like the look of hardy but as I have never heard how loud they are I'm not sure as there are mixed reviews. I'm very tempted on the evolution as I could use extra 150 and get rifle cerecoated. Has anybody experience with these mods? I have a predator 8 on my .223 but want something bit lighter.

Get yourself a Jet Z Compact – (25 / 30 calibre ) £270

Takes some beating !!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Agraham,

I've got the Evo for my .243 with baffle inserts for .22 and .30 so I can use the same mod on 6 rifles.

I've had lots of mods over the years and this is the best mod I've ever had.

It's quite and light and can be caliber changed if you want.

Hope this helps.

Steve

I'm a convert to the A-TEC CMM4 ALU on my .223 and 6.5x55, it weights about the same as a SAK and is very well made, being modular you can always add extra baffles if you require extra performance.

http://www.a-tec.no/en/silencers

Stainless steel moderators are durable but all that weight ruins the balance of most rifles, plus stainless isn't immune to rot, especially if regularly dragged through glens. With modular moderators like the A-TEC even if you do go nuts and put so many rounds through it you manage to wear the first steel lined baffle you can just replace the module.

Archived