Bipod and sling on an AR

dannywayoflife

Guys I bought a lovely AR from Mr bradley a few months ago now with the intention of getting in the csr league :) (first league shoot in December ;) ) I also need to use the rifle as a bit of a foxing tool. There fore I need to be able to mount a bipod and a sling on it. It has a Sampson evo forend and a ubr rear stock. Any ideas what bits of kit I need to do this?

Cheers

Danny

Pretty certain Bradders or Baldie could answer this - although I'm thinking a SA80 type sling may be good??

I used to like the SA80 sling but I'm not sure it would work on an AR? Due to the fittings. It's how I can fit the fittings onto the rifle I really need to know as there's no loops or attachments on the rifle at present.

I used to like the SA80 sling but I'm not sure it would work on an AR? Due to the fittings. It's how I can fit the fittings onto the rifle I really need to know as there's no loops or attachments on the rifle at present.

Used to carry my Diemaco on an SA80 sling; just need to fix a loop on the side of the butt and the side of the forend (I used to use a cable tie for the forend - but there're things you can buy nowadays!)

Danny,

The UBR has flush cups all over it and you can buy a flush cup that bolts to the forend - add the flusg cup swivels and you can add any sling you like.

T

Used to carry my Diemaco on an SA80 sling; just need to fix a loop on the side of the butt and the side of the forend (I used to use a cable tie for the forend - but there're things you can buy nowadays!)

Bd that's a good idea thanks!! I'll have a look at what I can put on it to achieve that. Even if like you say it's a cable tie! ;)

AR,s have a built in bipod....its called a 30 round magazine.

Bipods are for homosexuals. :lol:

The NSRA at Bisley do a superb target rifle single point sling for around £40 with a hook. Its the best sling for the job. Once set, it works perfectly in any position.

Archived