AR's - truly hooked!

terryh

Hunter47,

I concur with your comment about a castrated AR, I had this opinion/thought as my only previous experience with AR's was in the US, where you spent effort making sure they worked.

Buying one that was deliberately 'broken' did not fit until I tried one in a CSR practice locally which changed my mind.

My mistake was I had gone against one of my life policies - 'your mind works at its optimum when used like a parachute - better if its open!' :lol:

If you are personally adverse to anything vaguely 'military' then an AR is, as you say, not for you.

I still have bolt rifles (which are good :ph34r: ),a falling block (which is beautiful :wub: ) and 'historic' straight pulls - horse for courses etc.

Nothing at all against military looking rifles just wouldn't want one that is a straight pull

T

• 3 months later...

I've had a yearning for an A.R. in 22lr for a long time. Looking at the above pics reminds me of why I have finally weakened and bought a CMMG.

Whilst I have permitted land to shoot on, I'm not sure where in Devon I can find a Club/Range and meet like minded shooters.

My interest range from Run and Gun to Precision Shooting.

Can any one tell me what is out there in terms of disciplines and where to find them?

Whilst I have permitted land to shoot on, I'm not sure where in Devon I can find a Club/Range and meet like minded shooters.

Can any one tell me what is out there in terms of disciplines and where to find them?

This thread pretty much covered it locally:

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/topic/28364-south-devon-rangesfullbore-clubopportunities/

Also I may all be able to help out, since I might run a .22LR only day at the Roundhouse soon - pm me for details :)

Archived