6.5x55 load with 129gn SST

MJR

I need to work a new load up for my 6.5x55 with the 129sst due to running out of powder for current load.

The rifle has a 24" barrel so what do others use and what sort of velocity are you seeing?

Thanks.

Hi MJR,

I use 43.4gn of elcho (RL)17, with a ccibr2 primer and lapua cases and get around 2900fps, from my Sako with a 22' barrel.

Hope this helps

Finman

Mike,

I'm in a similar position re a new 6.5x55. and will be using 6.5x55 SKAN data and have narrowed it down to R17 (as per Finnman) and Vit 560.

Primer will be 'Russian' LR and bullets either of Nosler 120BT, Hornady 120g GMX or Nosler 130 CT's

Looking for 2800+ from a 20" barrel.

Will let you know how I get on.

Terry

Forgot to mention AA4350, which is available now as Lovex something or other. It also gave me very similar speeds and very good accuracy with the 129gn bullets (interlock and SST).

Good luck in your endeavours!

Best wishes

Finman

Found that Viht N160 went well in my 6.5-55 Improved with 123 A-max and 140 Hunting Bergers ( you are probably going to tell me thats the powder you are short of!! )

All the best ,

Ray.

Thanks for the different load recipes. My previous load was with AA4350 but I have run out. I have IMR and H4350 so i'll try them but no Vit160 or Elcho 17. I wonder if N150 would work as I have that to?

I've had excellent results with N160 and both 120gn and 140gn bullets. Never was I able to find a load that suited the 129gn with that powder...

Best wishes

Finman

Archived