Stolen high seat Monk Fryston

eldon

Gutted went to my permission tonight and was watching two foxes 250 yds away through my binos. As they weren't coming closer I decided to go and have a sit in my highseat. On the way there I spotted something black in the grass, 8astards, yep it was my ratchet strap. Once at the spot all was gone but a climb up the tree revealed the cable lock had been chopped.

Now this piece of land has no footpaths and only the landowner and myself knew it was there. It was well hidden inside a hawthorn bush. Now I'm not so naive to think that a cable lock is going to save anything but for some scum to come along and clean cut the lock and ratchet strap off they had obviously planned this. The theft is from the Monk Fryston area of Yorkshire.

This is the item in question and if anybody hears of one being offered can they drop me a pm.

http://www.scottcountry.co.uk/products-Stalking-High-Seat-Tree-Ladder-Back-Pack-5195.htm

Please let this be a warning to prevent anybody else losing one!

Don't you just wish you knew where or who had it................

Yes I read it, you leave things around and stuff will get pinched or trashed, I've had many a Larsen trap pinched and smashed in the past I also no a chap had a load of cameras stolen out his garden ect ect ect it goes on all the time. It's a pain but it's a risk we all take.

Gaz

Yes what annoyed me was that the place has no access to anything i.e. shortcuts, and there is no footpaths. General public access is non-existent normally. You would think a cable lock might provide some inconvenience but I suppose it just means they make two visits. Who'd question somebody with a dog anyway?

Seems funny don't you think that the landowner has just had a week away..... umm?

That's a real bugger .mind you can be worse sometimes if it's antis , I know some one who had the steps half sawn thro on another shoot ! Oh to be a fly on the wall with rifle in hand in a real world at times like these !

Note the in a real world comment !

Wow 70 views and not one comment!

Must be normal to most folk then but unfortunately really p1ssed me off, never mind.

I have loads of comments, but most of them are unprintable! :(

I used to own a woodland in East Sussex, and after losing 3 high seats and several other things from a property that was totally private, I eventually gave up and moved on. The people who take these things are professional scumbags. It's what they do for a living, so yes, they always come prepared. :angry:

Archived