Bipod options.

Dac9976

Hi

I've just bought a Blaser R8. Really pleased with it but need to put a bipod on it.

Don't really like Harris type bipods, I do have a Atlas I'd like to use on it.

So my question is any ideas on atlas adapters to fit the sling stud?

Found one in the states but they don't ship to the uk:(

Cheers

Danny.

imagejpg1_zpscf1294a6.jpg

Something like this

Tacfire Systems » Rifle Accessories » Bipod & Monopod Accessories » QD Stud to Picatinny Rail Adaptor

The QD Stud Adaptor made from alloy and steel allows a Picatinny Rail to be quickly fitted to your rifle using an existing standard QD Stud. This allows an Atlas Bipod to be easily used on a rifle that does not have a dedicated rail. Easily fitted and removed

No gunsmithing necessary as QD Stud remains in place.

Quantity:

Price: £24.00

Tags

accu shot atlas bipod monopod QD stud

I dont know if Atlas come with an AI spigot option....? Or if the R8 stocks have the fore-end tip swivel as per my R93 Pro and standard Off-road stocks. I replaced that with an AI spigot bought from - Shop on fleabay so I can fit a Versapod if needs be.

They're not showing any at the moment but here's the link to something similar so w'be worth sending them a question.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/--Versa-Pod-Bipod-Mount-for-Accuracy-International-/281412527015?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41857e63a7

They also sell stuff developed by Thomas Haugland of THLR blog fame.... Come to think of it I haven't had a YouTube ping of new uploads from him in a while...will have a look later.

Cheers

Fizz.

Thanks Fizz

I've just sent them a message:)

Cheers

Danny.

Pleasure Danny, hope they can sort you....

I generally use a Harris on the R93 stocks having fitted studs under the fore-ends. The only other thing I did was to run some superglue around the block in the channel to add a bit more stiffness. There was a thing years ago when Alan Rhone had the agency, that Blaser plastic stocks needed additional stiffening for 'pods....... came to the rapid conclusion that was a load of tosh as mine shot brilliantly in any format or style... ie pod on, pod off, out of a landy window, off a rock, freehand, sticks, tree, whatever. I'm convinced that the semi-flexible stock is actually no bad thing... more of a shock absorber type of thing if you know what I mean.

Cheers

Fizz

:ph34r:

I've got a stud already fitted and could use a Harris, but I think they are a bit dated these days..... And I'm a fussy f###er lol

I'll let you know if they contact me with any ideas:)

Cheers

Danny.

• 2 months later...

Tacfire Systems » Rifle Accessories » Bipod & Monopod Accessories » QD Stud to Picatinny Rail Adaptor

The QD Stud Adaptor made from alloy and steel allows a Picatinny Rail to be quickly fitted to your rifle using an existing standard QD Stud. This allows an Atlas Bipod to be easily used on a rifle that does not have a dedicated rail. Easily fitted and removed

No gunsmithing necessary as QD Stud remains in place.

Quantity:

Price: £24.00

Tags

accu shot atlas bipod monopod QD stud

Just got one of these, I thought the still had a stud to fix a sling too.

Is there a small picatinny stud that will fit with an atlas fitted at the same time?

Started to read the post but got distracted by Fizzs 'jigglies'........not fair I can't see now!

Furrybean, you have pm.

Blackhawk make an adapter that has a stud in one end for attaching a sling. These are usually a stock item but currently on back order. Both types are on our website but you cannot purchase the blackhawk version at the moment. The picatinny adapter made by weaver is identical in size and fitting method but does not have a qd stud fitted to it. if you do not want to fit an additional stud to your stock then you will need the Blackhawk adapter which will hopefully be here in a couple of weeks.

Dan

Archived