First time out / .20 practical

gunner

After zeroing today after a fair bit of load development since Friday i got out , only went to one farm , weather was V windy and some rain on and off . I remember people saying the 20s were quite devastating lol. My first target a crow 201 yards on a water troph , initially i thought id missed as a big splash of water came out from tho troph ? Iwas shooting downhill and could see the water top level so thought id hit low splash thru water and put a big hole in the troph . It only took a few second but the crow went for a bath ! Ahh i thought the bullet fragmented off water and peppered mr crow ! STILL wrong as when i got down there intesteens were floating around ! My shot was good it just exploded his backend out soo fast thats what the splash was . Christ !

After this my attention was at 3-4 magpies ! These are just soo fun to shoot , sheep were in most fields and the little barstads kept hopping on there backs / necks , even they kept staying too close to cattle so went looking else where . Seen nothing so went back to magpies lol they hadnt seen my sly approach . I got set up rear bag , noted wind / slight uphill shot and dialled only 3/4 minute @ 254 yards . Wind was variable so didn't dial just aimed 1" left at the time . He went down , the others took off but once the sheep had cleared off after looking closley at magpie #1 they came back and landed , i sent another and it connected allright ! When i went to pick it up it was a mess to say the least ! People's said the 20s are smashing ! And i had a smashing time Hehe :lol: So nice few shots beat my PB magpie was 231y ! Bring on the calmer weather ill be out again -! Thanks for looking

Nice one Gunner!

These .20's are little crackers with a big grin factor.

I had three foxes on Saturday night with my Prac/Zeiss 6-24*56.... Vixen @ 100m at 9.15 followed by a cub @ 70m sniffing around the FoxPro 5minutes later.

Then a dog at 10.30 I'd picked up in the thermal and was following in the 'scope waiting for it to stop for the expected pee....which never happened. Crossed in front of the seat and I thought I'd better get a shot in before it got my wind....gave it the little tongue click to get its attention and pulled the trigger only to see the muzzle flash reflected in its eyes in the millisecond before it dropped. I've never seen that before but.....it was only 20yards away.

So thanks to the light pollution from sunny Luton reflecting off the clouds that was 3 in the bag that didn't have a clue. Love it.

Good stuff!

Cheers

Fizz

Guys wanted to know what FPS and whats your drop in inches out to 400 please - im zero for 200 yardos - what about you ? Which powder and charge and COL ? Please fellas :)

Gunner, you sound like your enjoying the new rifle..keep at them

put your load details up as well, dont be tight :D

Theres some data in varmint rifles and heavy plinkers . Any of you using N133 if so what charge ? Still haven't even tried noslers 40s or Vmax 40s yet ! gotta get to hps to get some N133 soon :)

I'm using 25.1 gns N133 which is quite warm but safe in my rifle, I'm going to get out with the chrono again soon and see exactly where it's at but it's around the 3800 mark with 39 gn SBKs. I have a huge long throat in my rifle and can't come anywhere near the lands but it doesn't seem to matter.

Archived