17 Hornet Ammo

I just got a new Ruger 77/17 Hornet and want to reload with 20gr V-Max heads, but I cannot find anyone who sells them.

Does anyone know who has some in stock?

Thanks

Russ

I just got a new Ruger 77/17 Hornet and want to reload with 20gr V-Max heads, but I cannot find anyone who sells them.

Does anyone know who has some in stock?

Thanks

Russ

Ask Spud on here, if he hasnt got what you want he can usually get it.

Aj

Ask Spud on here, if he hasnt got what you want he can usually get it.

Aj

yup +1

think they are a little scarce at the moment or at least they were at the time i had my last batch.

• 1 year later...

Edgars have thousands, a lot of gun shops are reluctant to stock them as they fear having them sit on the shelves for too long, at least that's what I think. Kranks are useless, are Sportsmans but Reloading Solutions have them, my local store (Roding Armoury - which is excellent) have them in and Spud generally will move heaven and Earth to get the parts you want. It's shipping them to you that will prove to be the bean-ache. Hence why I have an allocation for 1000 - stock up when you can!

Unfortunately, you're up against the shops reluctance, understandably, to stock what they consider 'niche' items. As the caliber grows in popularity you'll find things easier to source. Especially as Winchester and now (I think) Federal are also producing ammunition in the States.

Nosler do 20gr pills for the 17 calibre also. They are part of their 'Varmageddon' range. They are almost identical to the V-Max, just a few thou shorter if I recall. I use them when I can get them. They are just as devastating. :) . They also sell for about £3 less per 100. ;)

Yes, that terminology is a pet hate of mine also.

but logically, the "bullet" sits on the *neck*, which is just above the *shoulder*, it's just continuing the anatomical analogy... everyone knows what is meant, we just need to start calling the case markings "basestamps" and it will all be consistent!

For .17 bullets, shops don't seem to like to keep a stock, I usually just call my local shop and get them to order some in, doesn't take long and they call me when they arrive, V-Max are a pain to get delivered so that works for me.

Archived