Dasher loads

1967spud

What are people thoughts on using Viht 160 in a 6mm dasher?

I would say to slow.

Best powders to try Reloader 15

N150

n540

Varget if you can get any!

I found N160 started to come into its own in cases like 6x47 Lap or 6XC

Cheers

Dave

I know by looking at your website that you are very particular with your reloading, but a little advice if you don't mind, if your thinking of using the berger hybrids and have a 236 barrel start very low on your load testing.

I usually shoot lapua bullets in mine and have a load with rl15, when I switched to the Bergers ( that I got off your good self) I started what I thought was low, but boy was I in for a surprise, total bolt lock up with the sighting loads.

May I suggest that you start at about 30g of n150 once you have fire formed the little devils. Although I expect you have it, but if not I'll run any load you like though quickload for you.

While I know that the lapuas are skinny for a 6mm bullet, these Bergers are fat little buggers.

Redshift

thanks red i will be using the 105 scenar and possibly vhit 150/160 not sure of the barrel size atm i have it written down at home but im on the phone driving whilst going round birds (private road)

i was thinking about using the dtacs but uncle russell has put me off that idea

thanks red i will be using the 105 scenar and possibly vhit 150/160 not sure of the barrel size atm i have it written down at home but im on the phone driving whilst going round birds (private road)

i was thinking about using the dtacs but uncle russell has put me off that idea

Mark have you got QL ? Ill run it if you like , but id be surprised if you haven't got it ? Cheers

hi i do indeed have im just holding off doing atm untill i have a fire formed case so i can see the h20 vlaue

Of course ! Good luck with it , its an awsome cartridge ;)

Archived