6mm BR Twist rate

1/8 twist if your going for the 105gr mine shoots 80gr bergers silly bog hole groups but I use 87gr vmax and 105gr amax for the work I do with it

Gaz

The BR has a long neck which is good news and with care in selecting the best reamer for the job then 75 to 105,s are no problem,,,,usually!! The 95 and 87 vlds from berger need some careful thought and need a shortish throat to get sufficient in the neck,,,,,,,,talk to your smithy about your "real needs" and am sure he will come up with the one thats best suited.I have a tight necked shortish throat reamer waiting at my smithy,s for this very range of heads,,,hope it works out ,,,[will be ringing you soon "Neil"........]

Oh yeah gazzer,,,,1 in 8,,,,,,,O

Perhaps consider a 90 thou freebore for compromise,,,,,,,,I,ve gone for 60 thou to favour the vlds but 10 thou will soon wear and 90 and 105,s will soon be comfortable bearing in mind I am not seeking max.d out velocity from this little cal...O

What about 58 a 100ish grain, twist wise ?

See Accurate Shooter 6br site;as onehole advises,to avoid slight compromises,maybe,get two rifles,if you really need such a range of bullets,though the 1 in 8 might well shoot the very light bullets good enough....worth trying...but what advantages are you hoping for with the light 58g?( drop will be a couple of inches less,drift a couple more-ball park- at 400y...hard to see much in it...the heavies will shoot more effectively at much longer ranges).....what (distance/accuracy) is most relevant to your shooting?

Gbal

If it's a true 1-8 it will shoot the 105gr bullets. I say this because I had a 1-8 twist 6BR that wouldn't shoot 105's, it did however shoot 95 grain bullets extremely well. I sold the rifle to a member of this forum and told him about the problem with the 105gr projectiles and he also never got it to shoot them, I believe in the end he came to the same conclusion as I did, why bother when it shoots the lighter bullets so well.

I spoke to someone else who had encountered exactly the same problem, they told me that they had checked the twist rate and found it not to be a true 1-8 twist.

I have a Styer Scout that has a 1-8 twist that simply loves 58 grain V max.

Archived