This mornings work.

sako 75 .243

Well I never made it out last night,due to to the wife insisting we have a family BBQ while the sun was out to play!(and me having to meny vinos!)

So this morning at first light I packed up the .22 and headed off to clear up the tree rats that are plaguing my highseats! :mad:..The bloody things have taken a liking to the foam pipe lagging that I tie to the top rail!

Had some great sport on the first three I visited bagging 11 in total..good start I thought to myself :).

So onto the forth that over looks a large Ash plantation,plonked myself into the highseat and waited.10 mins later she wondered right under me,stopped about 20yrds away to have a sniff,and i gave her the good news,40gn sub in the earhole!...I think she started using the earth about 200yrds aways that I had cleared 3wks ago!

A good finish to a mornings work!..so I thought!

I walk out of the plantation,and this young fella was laying in a small grass patch,waiting for mum methinks,he got it at about 35yrds.

A good mornings work for the .22.

046_zps80bf611f.jpg

Nice work there!

Can I be nosey and ask what .22 you have there?

As you say "subs", I'm presuming it's an LR? It also looks like a Rem 597?

I have a slot for a .22WMR and can't make my mind up on whether to get a semi-auto or bolt action.

I also like the Remington 597, if that's what your model is, have they ironed out the initial mag/feed problems?

Cheers

Jamie

Cheers guys! ;)

Jamie...yep its a Remington 597 HB sitting in a boyds TH stock.

The feed problems was never down to the mags!..it was that the locking grub screws behind the guide rods being done up to tight..thus too much pressure on the springs!..just back them off half a turn ;)

Mine now feeds fantastic!...and is very accurate!

Glenn.

Cheers guys! ;)

Jamie...yep its a Remington 597 HB sitting in a boyds TH stock.

The feed problems was never down to the mags!..it was that the locking grub screws behind the guide rods being done up to tight..thus too much pressure on the springs!..just back them off half a turn ;)

Mine now feeds fantastic!...and is very accurate!

Glenn.

That's interesting to hear. Always told it was the mags, but a quick turn on the grub screws sounds so much better!!

Decisions, decisions. What sort of groupings you getting at 50 to 70 yards?

Cheers

Jamie.

Jamie..its zeroed for 60yrds....about 3/4 of an inch using CCI subs you get the odd flyer....but hay-ho...not too shabby for mass produced rimfire ammo.

Glenn.

Jamie..its zeroed for 60yrds....about 3/4 of an inch using CCI subs you get the odd flyer....but hay-ho...not too shabby for mass produced rimfire ammo.

Glenn.

Not be bad at all then! Cheers Glenn :)

Nice1 Sako , is that lovley little rifle a semi ? I really like it ! I really think rimmeys are perfect for this type of work , had a mixed bag today and the other day - 1 rat 1grey squirrel , 1 carrion , today- 1 carrion, 1 magpie , 1 bunny ;) that was the first rat for the HMR , it was only a half grown 10 yards away - he did several cartwheels till he stopped 2 feet later !

Archived