New trigger recommendations

Want to fit a new trigger to my remmy 700. Don't want to break the bank so what's the best options for a trigger set around 2lb for round about the £150 mark.

Rifle basix, Shilen and Timney have all caught my eye, especially the Shilen with the gold trigger blade - http://www.midwayuk.com/epages/Midway_UK.mobile/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Midway_UK/Products/173719

Value all opinions

Atb!..

These are about £270 plus VAT. I think £150 is either Timney or Rifle Basics. I have to say, if you spend some time with the Remington trigger (if it is the older style) you can get these to work extremely well. I have changed from my own fiddled with Remington to a Jewel and was not as impressed as I was expecting to be. The best trigger for me on the 700 is the Brix n andy. These I found to be superb, but bloody expensive.

I recently fitted a Davies 2-stage to a Swing TR, and am extremely impressed with it, so much so that I've just ordered another F-class type for a Musgrave 6BR.

He does them for Remmy 700 as well. $AU 215 plus shipping. Came to 140 squid.

http://daviestriggers.com.au/

H/man

Just gone through Rex's video-as he admits it's "quite a mouthful' of information.

Hmmm...don't take it all too seriously,it's very repetitive..and jargoned (as in 'it gives the maximum sensation of differentiation' when the second stage is reached....) ie you can feel it .."it's obvious" says Rex in a more lucid moment.."it's right there"! Thank goodness for that.

But sometimes he's just inconsistent...("the brain recalibrates your finger after the first stage...',but a few sentences is the first stage like 'slack'-....'not really slack,it just didn't register in your brain".Well that seems to cover the options for this optimised physiology -the brain does or does not adjust,or both!

No doubt it is a decent two stage trigger,but all the hooey is about as true of other triggers-you might not agree that the bang should come as a surprise,with a good trigger etc ,but this one is good for 100,000 shots-so lots of nice surprises in store.(if true,it is good consistency,of course!)

Take what is clear,enjoy the the gobbledegook -what is correct/sensible is not new,what is relevant to this trigger really boils down to 'it feels good",which is highly desireable......

Rex is knowledgeable ,but here he lets the waffle get out of hand....not a criticism of the trigger of course,so don't rack your brain as you let him 'put it all in plain English'! It's uber Huber!!

Gbal

Gbal,

I couldn't help agree with you more about Rex. What he says in a 1,000 words could be said in just 100. What a difference between him and Roe (aka Tom Haugland). Must be something to do with Scandinavian folk; the Ice Man Kimi Raikkonen springs to mind.

Not withstanding the above, I do like Rex's videos, it's just I have fallen asleep in a few when he starts repeating himself.

Mike

Mike,separated by a common language-Rex is usually very informative,especially for newbies,but gets a bit OTT on the Huber trigger one-he's just repeating the sales pitch stuff,repetitively,over and over,again.

Roe is quite different-taciturn ,almost-lets the video do the talking(well edited ones,scenery is a treat often)-maybe can be a little too minimalist if you don't know something about it all.But very 'sound'!!

Gbal

I own Jewell and CG triggers. I have also used a rifle basix on TerryH's rifles.

The rifle basix is everything a field trigger should be and is a little more resilient to field conditions over the Jewell. The CG is two stage so I can't compare them.

I would buy a rifle basix. They are also the only triggers used by Terry Cross for all the rifles he builds for US law enforcement.

Rifle basix are fine providing you dont mess about with them. Turn them below half way weight and they become unsafe.

Archived