22-250 40grn VMAX N140

dRb

Does anyone happen to be, or have previously used, the above combination?

I started looking at working up a load for it yesterday, taking a guideline from here:

http://accurateshooter.net/Blog/sierra22-250loads.pdf

Using the 40grn Blitzking as a vaugly comparible projectile.

Unfortunately I think the light was all at too shallow an angle for the chrony to work (error 1 or 2, or just not noticing that I'd fired!), but I was getting nothing at all pressure sign wise at 39.8grn of powder...not sure I can fit much more in the case!?

Others experience would be good to hear :)

I'll try again with the chrony today.

Swamp Donkey's suggestion of putting marker pen in the bullet worked to get a reading from the chrony!

Thought my leg was being pulled...

4062fps, so not as hot as I thought it'd be.

I have a mate using Vit 135 with 40grain SBK and is getting 100yd 1 hole 5 shot groups, he is literally putting them through the same hole, we were out lamping with it earlier this week and they were performing incredibly well, dropping foxes on the spot with no signs of exit.

Very Impressive.

• 2 weeks later...

drb , have you pushed them any faster yet? interested to hear fps ?

drb , have you pushed them any faster yet? interested to hear fps ?

Not had any spare time recently due to a big trade show with work!

I'll be taking my 22-250 in tomorrow though, and will work up to a full case (assuming no pressure issues obviously), and see what it gives.

Swamp Donkey's suggestion of putting marker pen in the bullet worked to get a reading from the chrony!

Apologies for being butting in, but could you explain the marker pen thing on the bullet to me as I have a chrony and get the ocassional "Error" screen?

Cheers

Jamie

That's a lot of powder for that speed, barrel burner :( I'm getting 3960 fps out my 223 ackley with a 40gr nozler and using over 10 grains less powder ;)

Gaz

Apologies for being butting in, but could you explain the marker pen thing on the bullet to me as I have a chrony and get the ocassional "Error" screen?

Cheers

Jamie

Anybody?

I'm guessing it will make the bullet show more contrast so the chrono picks it up better

Cheers Marky! :)

Archived