Longest shot for me

JB1

Went out on Sunday beautiful day no wind ideal for a novice like me , for a bit of crow shooting with a rifle.

I put some deeks ouf at 300yards with a few bits of rabbits skins and waste left over from some bunny burgers I made last week. Got all the gear sorted in the back of the pickup, range finder, kestrel couple of cans of pop, flask and tablet with strelok ballistic app on, then just waited.

Crows were coming over but spooking last minute, couldn't be bothered to walk out to change things just enjoying the quiet moment. A crow lands far out into the field I pinged it at 466yards, made the adjustments for elevation 29clicks and windage I estimate to just 3mph 2 clicks aim dead centre of crow.

Absolutely well chuffed , that one crow was better than 20 at 300yards.

cracking shot ! That beat my pb crow at 365 , and fox at 415 , what cal you using ? I was out yesterday but windy as hell <_<

Cheers chaps, I would of had it on a camcorder but it decided to walk off scene. That could have really put the icing on the cake,

Its such a great shame that swaro don't do target style turrets, I dialed in using the existing turret. I'll see if I can bodge something up one day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cheers chaps, I would of had it on a camcorder but it decided to walk off scene. That could have really put the icing on the cake,

Its such a great shame that swaro don't do target style turrets, I dialed in using the existing turret. I'll see if I can bodge something up one day.

If it's a z6 swarovski you are using. Their ballistic turret can be retro fitted to your scope. I use the same scope myself and cannot fault it. For longer ranges it's 50 clicks for a full turn and there's an arrow at 40 clicks aswell. I can dial up to about 800 yards with 53 gr vmax really quickly- under 5 seconds usually. Plus the glass in these scopes are second to none.

If it's a z6 swarovski you are using. Their ballistic turret can be retro fitted to your scope. I use the same scope myself and cannot fault it. For longer ranges it's 50 clicks for a full turn and there's an arrow at 40 clicks aswell. I can dial up to about 800 yards with 53 gr vmax really quickly- under 5 seconds usually. Plus the glass in these scopes are second to none.

yes but you go from 0.5cm per click to 1cm so loose quite a bit of precision, maybe I'm being a little fussy and anal but I'd rather try and stick to 0.5 cm if possible. I will keep looking, I'm just waiting for my visit 13.00 today for a variation for a 9.3x62 and a (6.5 )260,

I'm actually feeling quite nervous, don't know why though;-)

Archived