Old girl!

sako 75 .243

Dragged my son out this morning at 5ish..was only out for 30mins when she came tearing though the paddock to my call...stopped her at 90yds!

My boy was back in bed by 8.. :lol:049_zps0293005f.jpg

Well done Glenn,

Best time of the day.

I woke to my 03:15 hrs alarm call this morning. Bagged to roe bucks by 7. Nearly had a 3rd but some Phd student studying wind chats got in the way. She didn't see or the deer, so she said when I spoke with her later. Don't know how, both me & the deer are far bigger than a tiny bird that I'd never heard of before.

Took them both to the game dealer who thought that one was a bronze medal. Didn't realise myself so asked him to prep it & get it measured for me. Soz no photos.

Mike

Ergid,

he was 43lbs head & feet on, 37lbs with them off. Only get £1/lb. I was feeling really lazy so just left the head with the game dealer to clean up and get weighed/measured. £20 to prepare, and then whatever for the certificate if it's a trophy head. £30 Bronze, £40 Silver, £50 Gold. All new to me. 20 years of deer management and never had anything measured before.

Apparently you need to wait 2 months for it to dry out & shrink before it can be measured!

Thanks Paddy,

He loves coming out with me!..and I love taking him,truth be known hes better at getting up then me :D

Mike sounds like you had a cracking morning mate!..good job that man ;)

Cheers Gaz....that's 18 this year sofar :P

SORRY mistake 16 since jan 1st

18 not bad going mate :) me and my two shooting buddy's keep record from September to September, I won't tell you how many we have had this year so far you might get upset ;)

Everyone counts

Gaz

Im looking forward to September to see your total mate....keep at em! ;)

Back out in the morning don't you worry :) well on track for another 200 plus this year ;) not sure where they keep coming from, but keep sending them :)

Gaz

Good man...if I make 100 I will be a very happy bunny :) ...Good luck tomoz!

Cheers mate ;) just keep at them

Gaz,

I used my 223 on the range last w/e first time since getting your Leupold scope. Fitted nightforce picatinny & TET rings, 3 shots to zero and then perfect. Really very pleased with it mate. Thanks very much.

Mike

Gaz,

I used my 223 on the range last w/e first time since getting your Leupold scope. Fitted nightforce picatinny & TET rings, 3 shots to zero and then perfect. Really very pleased with it mate. Thanks very much.

Mike

Ha glad to hear that mate, it should be good but cant comment to much as I hardly used it, pleased your getting on well with it ;)

Good luck

Gaz

nice going

can you call me for work in the morning please

maybe ill be back in my bed by 8 ;(

RSC

Archived