Soft case for a f-class rifle

Redshift

Hi all,

Pretty much as the title says really, I'm looking for a soft rifle case for f-class type rifles ie long barrels and scoped. The only ones I can find are the aim drag bag type, I'm not really looking for that sort of thing, just a normal case. Any ideas?

Redshift

look up peli cases they do some large rifle cases.as trigger says best bag for f class is a aim or similar you can throw them on your back leaving your hands free to carry all the gubbins.

Suggest you have a re think on cases.

If you're shooting in the UK League - some venues are not easily accessible with anything other than a drag bag (rifle in case over shoulders and carry rest and ammo etc in free hands - the 1000 yd point at Diggle is prime example of this.

Blair and Bisely are easy in comparison.

Aim

Country Covers

Both do easily carried cases (drag bags)

There are not many manufacturers who cater for long barrelled rifles (such as the F Class race guns)

You could try a shooting cart, but again, the points at Diggle will prove difficult to get to .

Most of us get by with AIM or Arktis (Country Covers) bags

Suggest you have a re think on cases.

If you're shooting in the UK League - some venues are not easily accessible with anything other than a drag bag (rifle in case over shoulders and carry rest and ammo etc in free hands - the 1000 yd point at Diggle is prime example of this.

Blair and Bisely are easy in comparison.

Aha - you've not shot at Diggle at 1K for a while? There's now a cinder roadway up to the firing point, so car access is much improved. 900 yards is the worst distance to get to now.

I'd still agree 100% with your views on getting a drag bag though. The only single downside I can see in the Aim Field model is that there are so many olive green and tan examples in use now that there's a serious risk of taking somebody else's rifle home these days!

Its been a few months Laurie, since I shot there, work gets in the way, even at weekends!

Thats reminded me, I need to send in my Subs…..

I'm just a club class shooter who shoots at bisley, I think it will be at least a year before my skill level is high enough to enter a national shoot, I've got a shooting caddy/ trolley, to carry all my gear about so a drag bag type would be a waste of money, I've had a look on the hps site, there soft case looks like it will do the job.

Thanks for all the help.

Redshift

Archived