Accuracy International AX

amssmith

My new AX arrived and as I enjoy look at photos of other's new toys, thought I would share a pic of mine. Been on order with Sporting Services since last year and they've been very helpful despite the delays with AI.

This is with the .308 20" barrel and moderator fitted over the brake. Also have a 26" barrel in 6.5x47

Scope is Schmidt PM2 5x25 with LaRue quick change mount LT120 which mounts the scope a little closer than I was expecting, so will probably change for an LT111

Hopefully the photo is of a good size, but apologies if I've messed up the attachment!

Looks good Andy

like the new butt array

Thanks, will get to fire for the first time this coming weekend. I like the adjustable butt support set up. It can be released with the holding hand and easily rotated for fine adjustment, intuitive and feels well though out

• 1 month later...

Can't wait to hear your feedback. I have one on order in the Tan with 24" 308 and 26" 260 barrels with M18X1.5 threads for my ThunderBeast 30BA breaks. Have the same scope with MSR reticle that I plan to mount in the AI 18 MOA mount. Hopefully, the first batch of the AI AT, AXMC 308 and AXMAG rifles should arrive here in the States in the next week or two!

I really don't think you will be disappointed. I've only had time to shoot once so far, which was to break both the .308 and the 6.5x47 barrels in. Used Lapua factory ammo for the 6.5x47 and without any effort was able to achieve 5 shot groups right around 0.50" MOA and the .308 was very similar with lesser quality plinking ammo. So very impressive right from the start!

Very nice indeed!

It'll be interesting to hear your thoughts on the 6.5 barrel, i've just put in a variation for one for my AT.

That butt assembly does look like a great improvement on the previous generation :wub:

I really don't think you will be disappointed. I've only had time to shoot once so far, which was to break both the .308 and the 6.5x47 barrels in. Used Lapua factory ammo for the 6.5x47 and without any effort was able to achieve 5 shot groups right around 0.50" MOA and the .308 was very similar with lesser quality plinking ammo. So very impressive right from the start!

Thanks for the update! I wouldn't expect anything less from AI.

• 2 weeks later...

No pressure ;)

Just to add to it :lol::) Any chance you could put a ruler against the rifle, trigger to face of the butt pad to give Length of Pull minimum and maximum (the LOP is always stated as 'adjustable', but never mentions min & max) Thanks! :)

As requested by SE. Here' the AX folded in an AIM40 Drag Bag. It's fitted with the 6.5x47 26" barrel. The .308 barrel fits neatly in the sleeve designed for the cleaning rod

As requested by BD. LOP from trigger to face of butt pad: Min: 13.5" to max: 14.5"

IMG_1858.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

As requested by SE. Here' the AX folded in an AIM40 Drag Bag. It's fitted with the 6.5x47 26" barrel. The .308 barrel fits neatly in the sleeve designed for the cleaning rod

As requested by BD. LOP from trigger to face of butt pad: Min: 13.5" to max: 14.5"

IMG_1858.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

Thanks! :)

SE, very pleased, it makes my average shootings skills look better than they are as am able to make the rifle fit my body. I also feel more capable of keeping the slight picture after the shot, which is helping to improve my results.

Tepee, no problem with piercing primers so far, but Sporting Service did adjust the firing pin prior to handing over the rifle ,as they're aware it can be an issue

I also feel more capable of keeping the slight picture after the shot, which is helping to improve my results.

I think, relative to the shooter's shoulder, the axis of the bore is lower on these rifles (higher sightline and raising of the butpad) - and, as a result, recoil is more 'inline' with less muzzle flip.

Archived