.22x47 lapua

Anyone built or used a .22x47 lapua for shooting 75 gr amax. I read that you can make a ackley version by running a 22-250 ackley 50 thou short and then you will have a .22x47 ackley lapua.

Regards Mike

Hi there Vince I have a 6x284 and have just sold a 6x47 both very good but always wanted to try a fast .22 cf with high bc bullets for shooting vermin at longer ranges, what would you think the barrel life would be like for a 22x47 ack lapua . I would like to shoot 75gr amax at 3500 fps and a friend has a 22-250 ackley reamer, he has made a couple of 22-250 ackleys but I don't think the barrel life was great. I would probably need to use some shortened 22-250 ackley dies for the 22x47 ack lapua.

Regards

Mike

Hi there Vince I have a 6x284 and have just sold a 6x47 both very good but always wanted to try a fast .22 cf with high bc bullets for shooting vermin at longer ranges, what would you think the barrel life would be like for a 22x47 ack lapua . I would like to shoot 75gr amax at 3500 fps and a friend has a 22-250 ackley reamer, he has made a couple of 22-250 ackleys but I don't think the barrel life was great. I would probably need to use some shortened 22-250 ackley dies for the 22x47 ack lapua.

Regards

Mike

Hi roe , just in case you didn't know HORNADY have suspended ALLOT of bullet production , i know for definite the .224 Amaxs 52 , 75 , 80 are all stopped ! So before you go ordering a PTG reamer throated for one of these or any other suspended bullet bear this in mind ! It could be a big mistook! ;)

Regards

Mike

The 22 Dasher did about 600 - in benchrest (where we fire five rounds in about 12 secs.0 For vermin shooting, I would say double that.

Archived