My Enfield holy grail........

David TS

......has been completed today with the addition of the little bullpup fella at the bottom :cool:.

From the top:

1944 .303 Daimler Bren. Obviously a deact, but I had the unique pleasure of shooting it on full auto last year before it was deactivated :D.

1944 .303 BSA Shirley No 4 (T) sniper rifle.

1960 .308 BSA L1A1 SLR, converted to straight pull.

198*? 5.56mm Enfield L98A1 Ensign (the export version of the Cadet GP rifle).

DSC_0023_zps42ad23a1.jpg

DSC_0014_zps7eaa1496.jpg

Holy Crap where did you find the cadet SA80?

Dare I ask how much!

Mark

Mark

I've been searching for one for getting on for three years! Price? .........well, unfortunately sellers name their own price!

Really nice collection, thank you for sharing ;)

Darrel

+ 1 on that view.

Lucky you on shooting the Bren - I missed out on that in my school army cadet days. A small group of senior NCOs / sixth formers had queered this pitch shortly before I joined the unit by shooting the barrels out on a couple of the guns that had been supplied by the local Black Watch regiment territorial battalion. (They did it by firing 28-round mag-load bursts followed by a rapid mag change and repeat exercise several times without bothering to change barrels!) On receiving the Brens back, the Terries refused to ever supply another to this particular ACF company - shame. I seem to be about the only 1960s era cadet around who didn't get to shoot one!

Laurie

Thanks!

I also first shot a Bren (and Enfield .303) in the Army and Air Cadets in the 1960's. It has a lasting effect on you, no coincidence I now also have a .303 and a Bren!

Shame you got denied it - my first and last stints on the Bren were some 45 years apart!!

Will it be making an appearance at Thetford or Barton Rd?..........

MArk

STANTA.......it's what it was born for :D

Actually, it's got a barrel a whisker under 20", no reason it shouldn't go 600 at Thetford :).

Nice pics thanks for sharing . Brings back some great memories . Of the 4 pictured , i shot 2 of them -one was the bren :)

Archived