Concealmentsystems.co.uk

6.5shooter

Made my own, using something like this as a base.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ghillie-Suit-Army-Webtex-Concealment-Hunting-Paintball-/141057842379?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Sports_Clothing_LE&hash=item20d7b3dccb

got a load of old hessian sandbags cut into strips and tied them on along with strips of an old mesh cam net and bits of scrim

"www.lindsaysprotectiveclothing.co.uk" have one hanging in the shop Garry,they are only up the road from me, don't know the price but it looks the part.

Mike

PS If you're buying one of these don't tell Alan,the owner, you know me :P

Thanks lads,

I have one of those web tex vest thingys but have never really goten around to kitting it out with stuff. Looks like it would be a bit like decorating a christmas tree lol.

Mike, cant see any on his web page, might give him a ring and see what he says. Of course I will tell him U sent me, that way when I plague him for discount hel add another tenner onto youre next coat lol.

Any other suggestions of well made ready to go suits?

I used one of my old mtp smocks and tied netting to it then stripped down some hessian sand bags it works really well but only after some trial and errors 1. Don't try to make it to perfect being a human you will try and even every thing out don't you'll get what I mean if you build one 2.dont make it to thick/heavy if you going to use it all year round make it as thin as possible and bulk it up with natural stuff what's around you when shooting grass,hay,leafs and alike 3.dont ghillie the front chest and legs its a pain when crawling in and out of position there are loads more points I took in to consideration when I built mine but you will find what works for you don't give up and get bord it will pay off I would post a pic if I bloody new how ?

Hi 6.5 , i did laugh when i read your web-tex Never used ! from UKMC right? As iv got 1 too , and guess what ,only used once ! I have another suit tho , its the muts , cant remember exactly what its called but , its basically a 2 piece mesh suit with realtree Hardwoods Green strips sewn into it , with random cut edged leaves. Its Very light , has a hood , pocket holes for your trousers . with a mesh viel in the hood , i sprayd it more Green so it would blend better and OMG iv been less than 2 Meters from certain quarry wearing this . Was about 75 quid years back when i first spotted them in an n Air Rifle magazine ! :)

I think the web tex type vest that you garnish youreself is more for crawling. Only really useful when the ground dries up and grass gets up a bit.

I want something more for hiding beneath trees or in cover etc so that it covers my whole body while squatting or standing.

Any recommendations for the 'leaf' type ghillies? I see there are a few on the market as mentioned but its hard to judge what theyre like from internet pics.

There is also the poncho by deerhunter named sneaky 3D i also have one of these ideal for when a quick set up is required and as all leaf suits they are very effective, i would put a few links on here but where i am they have a block on all shooting pages, lucky to be on here as they also have a block on stalking directory, which is annoying, also look on snipersystems and global rifle they do some great ghillies which are used by those in the military not cheap but better than the 50quid ebay rubbish.

Gunner.. think you may be on about a "leaf suit" quite a few companies make them, jack pyke, deer hunter, swedteam, plus a few good ones from a Cabelas in the US...i also have and use a few types...as well as traditional ghillie suits...all do a great job.

Mick

Thats the 1 mick , same as the swedteam and similar to the jack pyke , they just go on over what your wearing or in hot summer just a pair of nikkers opps i mean pants :P

Archived