Stiller 300 Win Mag

jungle_re

b15b33a8d26f082e06d754250d368606.jpg

Chuffed to bits picked this up this morning, this rifle is intended for long range shooting and the few trips down to Tiffs though it's first outing it's coming to Scotland chasing Bambi (solely because I want to play with it, it not very practical for stalking but just can't leave it at home!).

Built by Paddy Dane, 300 Win Mag

Stainless 26" flutted heavy border cut barrel with invisible end cap

Stiller tac300 action

AI ACIS

SL-7 moderator

Atlas bipod

5 and 10 round mag

Spuhr ISMS

Badger cosine and spuhr attachment

DTA 624i

Cye precision rear monopod yet to be fitted

I'm really pleased with it, looking forward to doing some more load development and shooting it in a few of the comps and obviously filling the freezer first

I made a rucksac sling for it and it's surprisingly feels very light when carried that way.

We will see how it gets on tomorow on the hill

Chuffed to bits picked this up this morning, this rifle is intended for long range shooting and the few trips down to Tiffs though it's first outing it's coming to Scotland chasing Bambi (solely because I want to play with it, it not very practical for stalking but just can't leave it at home!).

Stiller tac300 action

AI ACIS

SL-7 moderator

Atlas bipod

5 and 10 round mag

Spuhr ISMS

DTA 624i

I'm really pleased with it, looking forward to doing some more load development and shooting it in a few of the comps and obviously filling the freezer first

Nice bit of kit........ what rate of twist did you go for out of interest ?

It's a 10 twist, just got back from a long drive from sutherland will try and get a picture of the sling tomorrow.

Successful trip just not with this rifle the sika wouldn't play ball the day it came out for a walk sadly

Stiller tac300 action

AI ACIS

SL-7 moderator

Atlas bipod

5 and 10 round mag

Spuhr ISMS

DTA 624i

very nice,well done paddy enjoy

A few pics as requested of the sling, not sure why it's very simple makeshift affair but it work for the purpose

Cheers will

image-10.jpg

image-12.jpg

image-13.jpg

image-14.jpg

Not had the chance yet to give it a good work out.

Weight and length I'm happy about, I'll let you know once it had more round through it

Jungle_re

Nice, just wondering what make brass you are using, any recomendations, any to stay clear of - I have a remy 700P 300WM on order (to go into a AI Stock - same as yours)

Thanks in Advance

I'm using 50 Winchester and 100 norma. Once the Winchester is done I'll replace with the norma.

New to this calibre so don't have much experience but the norma didn't need anything doing to it other than primer internal chamfer.

Would be worth a post in the hand loader section I'd say.

An excellent bit of kit, did do a little write up of it on here and plan to update it once the package has been used on a few more shoots. I'd highly recommend the DTA 624i

• 3 weeks later...

It's a very nice action, it's smooth just not quite as much as the border alpine but better than any other rifle I've owned.

Can't remember the price as this was one of 3 builds running at the same time, speak to paddy he'll see you right.

JEALOUS..... HELL YEAH... :blush:

+1!! That is beautiful! Fair play to you!

Wouldn't want to lug that about stalking mind! But I can see why you wouldn't leave it at home to! :lol:

Archived