Shooting Show

alijnclarke

I really enjoyed last years show .

I travelled up on Friday from Cornwall with PCal (your drive is more of a short hop!) and after we found the site, pitched our tent. Food in the main restaurant was good, reasonably priced and well received after the light snowfall Saturday night....plus a great chance to chat to the exhibitors/people off the forum who were staying on site.

The event was larger than I had expected and I did manage to grab a few bargains late on Sunday. I really enjoyed being able to see so many quality rifles & kit all in one place. Plus it was a great chance to sell a couple of rifles & bits in person to forum members and equally buy one or two.....I lasted all of 12 minutes from entering the show to buying the only 7.62 AIAE MKIII 2.0 Sporting Services had in stock.

I'll be there again this year with the tent for Fri/Sat, although I have learnt from last year & the bank cards are definatley not coming with me!

Yup, definitely worth the trip. It's not really that far from Staffs.

There is so much to see that one day isn't really enough, but if I made two days of it my wife would want to inspect my gun cabinets and the contents of my study (affectionately called the gun room). -_-

Thanks guys, think i'll go then.. but i'd imagine it'll have to be the sunday, the girlfriend isn't going to let me spend valentines with rifles aha ;)

Are sporting services going? Couldn't see them on the attendance list

Last year, the Show was very good but, a victim of its own success, with more attending than the organisers had hoped for. This year, the extra day should take care of that one. Plus an additional entrance into the show-ground.

Personally, I think we are fortunate to have a UK Shooting Show - the big shows - like the Shot Show and IWA are trade only. With our support, it will grow and grow - if we don't support it............we won't have one.

Agree with Vince.

Very good show across all the shooting brands, and, importantly the number of superb British made quality kit and getting to speak with knowledgeable people in one venue.

More brands this year as far as I can see.

I'm going to sound like a bitch however as the majority of Companies attending really took care to showcase their stock but some of the bigger "retailers" presented their stock in a pretty poor manner. Then they winge in Gun Trade News about poor sales !!!!

If a customer cannot see through cluttered racks and racks of product, or find a knowledgeable staff member then they are not going to buy it. Simple.

VV busy however. I now know know a penguin feels as it shuffles across pack ice.

Absolute nightmare in terms of traffic - that at 06.30 - three roads into one. Snow did not help and the sodden parking. Thanks organisers - do you never learn ? Thanks to the two big chaps who pushed my motor out of the sodden quagmire after a hour of trying to get help. Maybe one year it will be at the NEC.

Great, glad it's worth the trip down there, and as you say it's good to support british made kit. I'm tempted to get the train down if the traffic is very bad, although that would prevent me from buying any rifles! (not sure if that is a bad or good thing!)

Very good show across all the shooting brands, and, importantly the number of superb British made quality kit and getting to speak with knowledgeable people in one venue.

More brands this year as far as I can see.

I'm going to sound like a bitch however as the majority of Companies attending really took care to showcase their stock but some of the bigger "retailers" presented their stock in a pretty poor manner. Then they winge in Gun Trade News about poor sales !!!!

If a customer cannot see through cluttered racks and racks of product, or find a knowledgeable staff member then they are not going to buy it. Simple.

Know what you mean with that one, there are a number of large retailers that are guilty of that.. but way I see it, all in the fun of looking threw the racks for a great rifle. Wish I had racks full like that!

Archived