RCBS 10-10 calibration

jungle_re

Is there anyway to calibrate theses scales?

The instructions says to use the levelling foot to do this but I run out of thread and the bugger is canted up at quite an angle. I can dial in with the unit levelled with a spirt level and when all looking good it is 1.6 grains out. Obviously it is functional as I can level it with a spirit level each time ( though if I have to do this ill glue on a bubble vial) and the tune with the micro adjustment till it reads zero and add the figure to the weight in grains I'm aiming for. I would however rather be able to adjust the scale to read zero with a minor levelling with the foot. Any information to how this can be done greatly received.

Cheers Will

Sounds like there is something wrong with it. Has it got the correct pan? You should be able to remove some weight lead from the pan holder if you need to, alternatively send it to 1066 for a service, more precise pointer mod and webcam bracket.

Ahh okay, am I right in thinking this is the same guy who makes and sells the targetmaster?

Will drop him a line.

Cheers John

Will

Had a minor can't problem on mine that could not adjust out so altered ballast under the scales to the zero point with adjusters at about 50% on a level surface . Runs fine now . There was a write up on another forum about it but can't remember where sorry

The instructions says to use the levelling foot to do this but I run out of thread and the bugger is canted up at quite an angle. I can dial in with the unit levelled with a spirt level and when all looking good it is 1.6 grains out. Obviously it is functional as I can level it with a spirit level each time ( though if I have to do this ill glue on a bubble vial) and the tune with the micro adjustment till it reads zero and add the figure to the weight in grains I'm aiming for. I would however rather be able to adjust the scale to read zero with a minor levelling with the foot. Any information to how this can be done greatly received.

Cheers Will

Hi Will - Sorting this out shouldn't be a problem but there must be a reason why your scale had lost zero. As John say's, a different pan could be the problem.

Here's a short video I made to help a chap zero his 10/10's - He sent it to me for repair from South Africa but forgot to include the pan.

This might help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOKJxe0FUTk

Superb! Thank you that video was spot on, project for tomorrow me thinks.

Many thanks

Cheers Will

As already mentioned, get them serviced with 1066. the guys a whizz with these scales.

Highly recommeded

• 2 weeks later...

As already mentioned, get them serviced with 1066. the guys a whizz with these scales.

Highly recommeded

Cannot recommend Allan enough. Bought a targetmaster off him a few months ago. A great product which makes my loading so much easier with the extruded powder I use - h4895. An absolute gentleman to deal with.

Archived