I have been offered a Sako single shot 6ppc

I have been offered the above rifle and I fancy trying 100yd benchrest would this be a good starting rifle and how much should I pay please.

It would be a great starter rifle for 100yd benchrest - as for how much you pay - I would say two-thirds of new price if it is in excellent condition - half price if not. At one time we (the UKBRA) did have a strict 'factory' policy - I.e. no new barrels, triggers etc but not now - you are free to re-barrel so if it is 'past its best' you can stick a new tube on it.

I have been offered the above rifle and I fancy trying 100yd benchrest would this be a good starting rifle and how much should I pay please.

As Vince says,an excellent starter/taster rifle for 100 BR-the standard Sako Varminter was at one time very competitive,and 6PPC is THE correct cartridge-even if you move on/rebarrel etc ,for the modest outlay,you will get a real feel for the sport,before you commit to more serious money,and learn a lot about wind. And you will have a very good 300y + varmint rifle i/superior plinker n any case.Single shot is no handicap at all for BR. 36 Leupold scope on it is just the ticket.

Gbal

Dorg-i had one that i shot at diggle in the factory sporter class mine was a sako 6ppc usa. for a factory gun and second hand it shot better than i could .i resold it to a guy in scotland and just about got back what i paid i had it for 2 yrs so had my worth out of it as i also used it for mr fox. i will pm you with the price i paid

buy it..

Archived