Up-to-date review of rangefinders

Check on Accurateshooter.com Daily Bulletin for a detailed review.

Only item missing is the Swarovski RF binos and it's a shame they weren't included

One "1600yd" model was in fact a 500yd performer..

have a great one guys

Chris-NZ

I was just going to post the same.

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2013/12/03/rangefinder-binoculars-reviews-field-tests-overall-results-summary/

Great review, still going through his site to see if many monoculars have been tested alongside- Swarovski 8x30 vs Leica etc. would be interesting for those of us that can't afford the bigger versions.

That being said, I can see my Swaro. LRF being sold; to fund a Terrapin with a tripod mounted doubling eyepiece in the next couple of years.

Not surprising to see the Vectronix trouncing the others.

Terrapin would be my choice if I were to get rid of my Swaro Laserguide.

Interesting to see that despite being approached, Swarowski declined to submit examples of their products for testing…confidence in their product??

Good reading and a great site for product tests...

BUT where is the BR2 anybody got one in the uk yet I know bd is not a fan and I am not after the silver bullet just after everything in one box any comments please all the yanks say they are the dogs bits

Ive been thinking about a pair of rangefinding binoculars for a while, I looked through the zeiss, swaro and leica hd-b's at the CLA and the leica's definetly seemed to be the best. Anybody got a set of hd-b's? Might have to buy myself a late christmas present!!!!!

One big issue about the methodology in his testing is that he was using reflective targets and as Greg Duley (Ed of NZ Hunter) pointed out, you don't run into many reflective deer in the field.. This can skew the range limit results dramatically. He still rates the Swarovskis highly.

I note the comments regarding the Bushnell 1600 where it was queried that the author might have got a bad unit. I've got the model and have to say i think he might well have, I certainly don't have the same issues. It will range accurately and repeatedly on any surface easily out to 1000 yards, thereafter depending on objects being ranged will stretch out as far as 1800 yards. For most medium to long range cals like the .308 or .260 I think this unit is good value for money, eventually however I will upgrade to a Terrepin or similar.

I note the comments regarding the Bushnell 1600 where it was queried that the author might have got a bad unit. I've got the model and have to say i think he might well have, I certainly don't have the same issues. It will range accurately and repeatedly on any surface easily out to 1000 yards, thereafter depending on objects being ranged will stretch out as far as 1800 yards. For most medium to long range cals like the .308 or .260 I think this unit is good value for money, eventually however I will upgrade to a Terrepin or similar.

I've got some 1600s as well (12x50) so not quite the same model. I've tested them out to 880 yards and there within 1 yard, so he might have just got a bad pair.

Archived