Advice needed on what new digital vernier gauge to get????

Jamie

Hi folks.

After knocking my digital vernier gauge off the shelf and into my glass of pop, I'm now in need of a new set...

My damaged set weren't branded, but were relatively consistent.

I've forgotten how much I paid for the unbranded damaged set. But I'd like to spend around £30, give or take a few quid for a new set. I have had a look on the "Shooting Shed" site, but they're not listed. I'll give them a call tomorrow....

I'm also considering going for the digital Hornady version as they seem ok......

Can anyone suggest a good tried and tested digital set, for around £30??

Thanks

Jamie

Insize are very good but might be just over £30

Just remembered I bought some that we're advertised as insize but weren't . If their not in a green box and have Insize on them their not. I got mine from cutwel after another place sent me fakes

Cheers tisme,

Never heard of "Insize", i'll have to do a bit of research.

Hi Jamie, you don't need to go to a Reloading supplier to get a set, Go to somewhere like Machine Mart, or Screwfix, The Clarke set I got from Machine mart for £19 are exactly the same as some of the so called reloaders sets for twice the price, I am sure like a lot of things they are made in the same factory and supplied with different company names at vastly different prices, have a check round before you shell out for something like a Hornady set,

Regards Adrian

Ps the Lilgun dispatched 2 foxes last night. cheers!!

I'll have a look on screw-fix and machine mart today.

Nice result with the foxes, what bullets did you use Ady?

atb

Jamie

If you can stretch to a Mitutoyo then you'll never need anything else. Maybe a bit overkill for the reloader but used in precision machine shops (certainly ones I've been involved with) and worth the money. Other than that Machine Mart or Screw Fix would be a better bet than the branded reloading offerings. I got a Faithfull from a tooling supplier and it has been very good (but not a patch on the Mitutoyo)

Thanks for the replies folks, much appreciated :)

I've looked at various makes, including Clarke, Mitutoyo, Hornady, and Insize. Although Mitutoyo are clearly the dogs dangles, I am nowhere near the stage where such precision would be of benefit to me.... Although I hope to progress to "Long Range" 100 - 800 yards target shooting next year, (If I can find a suitable club that will have me... :unsure:) I very much doubt that having such an accurate piece of equipment will make a difference to my level of target shooting.....

Anyway, I ended buying a set of digital "Clarke" calipers. I'm very impressed so far. They seem very consistent and well made.

I suppose only time will tell...

Thanks again folks..

Over the years I've had several calipers, mainly flea bay jobbies and they've all ended up dying, so this time i've bit the bullet and bought a Starrett caliper, expensive but it should last me many years.

• 4 months later...

My Clarke calipers are still going well, and very consistant! :)

I have had 2 sets of mitotoyu calipers of ebay for around £30

Probably cheap copies..... But who knows, perhaps you were lucky and got the real deal twice... :)

Probably cheap copies..... But who knows, perhaps you were lucky and got the real deal twice... :)

Hey maybe you are right but they did come with pukka papers, box etc so I think they are kosher

• 1 month later...

I have owned Halfords Professional calipers and they have been great. I bought them about 6 years ago but they did develop a fault with the battery connections.

Halfords 'Professional' range come with a lifetime guarantee. I popped into a random Halfords and they exchanged them for a brand new set, no questions!

Mitutoyo

Dependable accuracy.

A

I don't think anyone is saying otherwise A.....

Archived