The new Stiller Spectre action.

baldie

Painted one of these little beauties for the importer, Keith Poles, last week.

After several chats on the pro's and con's I ordered a long action and a couple of shorts. These are a very nice action that just fills a slot left by not being able to get Surgeons at a reasonable price, or even at all anymore.

IMG_2041_zps327e6647.jpg

IMG_2039_zpsb1503433.jpg

As can be seen, these are octagon shaped and they fit perfectly into an AICS or AX chassis. This , in theory , should give a much better fit than a round action .

The other Brucie Bonus is that the short action has a magazine port and feed ramp which accepts AX/AW mags, giving a lower magazine height than the AICS. It will still feed from AICS mags if required.

IMG_2049_zps8358845f.jpg

Stainless steel and finished in a black chemical finish, they have an M14 style extractor which beats the remington extractor of the surgeon hands down.

The rail is integral and 20 MOA.

Bolt tolerances are relatively loose as its a repeater tactical action, but lock up is beautifully smooth and secure.

The long action runs the normal AICS 5 and 10 [if you can find one ] mags , otherwise its the same sort of spec.

IMG_2044_zps685903a7.jpg

I can just visualise these in a black AX stock with a bull barrel and a nice brake.

A very nice bit of kit , which will build a very good tactical rifle.

In stock now .

Yeap , they are OK , I have one , as it was available in NZ , they look good in a AX Chassis , as the bottom is hexagonal shape , from what I have heard , they can be set to feed from either a AICS mag or a AW mag , just not both at the same time .

I mentioned years ago , that most custom Rem clones should be cut/ramped for double feed mags ( ie the AW ) , and all I was told , was the UK market does not want / need them .

As far as custom actions go , the Defiance V2 templar type are best as far as I am concerned of the 2 lug Rem700 clone type , they have a integral rail & lug , and as such a longer thread in as well for heavier barrels .

Later Chris

I mentioned years ago , that most custom Rem clones should be cut/ramped for double feed mags ( ie the AW ) , and all I was told , was the UK market does not want / need them .

I've been saying the same thing. People seem unable to break their minds away from custom = AICS ....... it's bizarre.

Archived