Illuminator

matchking

I'm using a NM800 IR on my PVS at the moment and am looking for something a bit smaller. Also something that gives a clear picture not like the grid on the 800 IR. Any suggestions?

Thanks Sean

Do you need to have it that tightly focussed?

I don't like the grid so I set the beam to a wider beam until the pattern disappears. I'm still shooting foxes in excess of 300yds with an xsearcher IR. It started life as a NM800 and morphed into its bigger brother as I wanted more range.

ATB

I would always be careful how much IR I use with a PVS-14, weather it is autogated or not.

If the NM is a bit big I would recommend a T20 with an IR pill, available from the likes of Marky610 or SikaStag on NVforumUK

As Achosenman has said if you don't like the grid just wind the head in a little until it disappears, that is how I use mine

Have a friend using a laser with an Archer unit, would a T20 illuminator with black pill be a better option? Or be as good as a laser without the potential issues of damaging laser to unit/eyes?

Not had a great deal of experience with an Archer, but for my own NV unit (Dedal) am not a fan of lasers now.

Have a friend using a laser with an Archer unit, would a T20 illuminator with black pill be a better option? Or be as good as a laser without the potential issues of damaging laser to unit/eyes?

Not had a great deal of experience with an Archer, but for my own NV unit (Dedal) am not a fan of lasers now.

I had a NM 800ir with an Archer and Bushnell Elite worked well but then I changed scope to a Swaro (wanted a better low light scope) and it gave a very poor, blurred image with the NM, put the N1000ap laser back on and it was as clear as a bell! guess some scopes, addon's and leds just don't suit each other.

Archived