Zeiss HD5 5-25x50

rsc1960

Hello all.

I have just purchased one of these scopes as i have a 6.5/20x50 with the rapid z 600,on my current .243 tikka.

has anyone had one and if so what did you think of it,

the reticule is that of a z1000 and was made for a 7.62/308,

i have read a lot of things about it but most are on US web sites and hence the question,

now i have spent the cash im wondering if i have made a error.

I seen the scope in the flesh and had a good look at it and it seemed like the right scope for my needs (planned move to 6mm br),

so if you have used the scope above and have a true report then i am all ears.

thank you RSC

thank you

at least the lads on here get to the point and don't bullshit,

seems i may have just got a nice scope,

sadly i purchased it from a place that will cost me import duty so will make the prices in the posted thread seem very cheap.

thank you RSC

just a thought

what is it like under a lamp, as i will like to shoot the od fox under the lamp.

Not used it under a lamp as of yet, when it get chuck on a .22br it will do though. I'd think at lower mags it will be fine but it is noticeably darker compared to my khales 624i in early evening and poor light at max zoom, not a fair comparison as the price difference is more than double but worth mentioning. I'd also add that between 20 and 25 the eye box becomes far more fussy, up to 20 it's easy to get behind at full wack your head position need to very consistent something I founds difficult to do when using it in awkward field condition at the first round house challenge.

I'd still say for the cash it's a dan good scope for a varmit field rifle not much else for my money come close at around £700 odd quid.

Mines straight duplex so can't comment on your ret.

Best of luck Will

The reticule will work fine just work out the drop related to each aim point for your calibre rifle and test it in the field. Don't forget it's a sfp scope so the reticle will be true at only one magnification which should be marked on the scope.

thank you both for your help.

been using the rapid z600 and thats fine under the lamp, so i will have to see what the score is when it arrives, (now thinking of canceling the purchase if the ret is to fine ?

RSC

Archived