Glock 25

ChrisF

How the bloody hell do you have handguns ???

The devil may be in the detail,but Liechtenstein and Monaco do not benefit from British sovereign law,though most of the EU has comparable restrictive laws(no handguns).

Switzerland is rather less restrictive,but no,it's not an easy done deal to become Swiss. One condition is to beat Roger Federer in a grand slam final,but then if you do,you are rejected by separate legislation for conduct unbecoming a wannabe Swiss citizen......:-).

Gbal

I have used Glocks before , BUT I wanted info on a model thats not used in the US ie the Glock 25 in 380 , its used in Mexico & South America & parts of Europe that ban civvies using mil/police calibres like the 9x19mm .

In particular the 25 does not use a locked slide , just straight blow back , wanted to see IF any ones using them suppressed due to blow back operation ?

later Chris

No experience of the 25; but a suppressor on a straight blowback with a light bolt, and with no advanced primer ignition; doesn't sound like a recipe for success - but that's probably in your mind too and that's why you're asking ! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Gents,

The Walther PP/PPK/PPKs series is a straight blowback and used suppressed?

Thus:

Terry

But the PP family have a fixed barrel, so adding a suppressor is more straightforward. The Glock 25 is essentially a Glock 19 in 0.380, without a locking lug. Glock 19s can be suppressed, but require a recoil booster/Nielsen device to get the pistol to self-load reliably. I would imagine that the 0.380 would lack enough 'oomph' to get it to function properly.

Personally I would look elsewhere if I was looking for a suppressed 0.380. Several UK dealers sell them - I believe that the Jockey Club require suppressed pistols for humane destruction at their events.

It is only mainland uk where they are banned. To the eternal shame of the government and both main political parties.

I am certain that in most European countries though there are some odd restrictions on military calibers handguns can be owned and used by joe public ,France Belgium,Italy ,Spain and Germany to name but a few.

Though there are many more countries not susceptible to the hysterical phobia we have in this country

Archived