Hi I am sure everybody have read about the GSG 5. Has anybody got one todate? Any probelms encountered and any feeding issues I know it a varminting forum but it seems all the right people pools around this forum are in the know.......so to say

thanks for any input.

Spoke to a dealer in Northolt. He said last night there was a feeding craze for these guns before they landed in January but now that they are here he has three and theer are no takers...............

Just wondering of there is a problems.

I am just about to commit to one now for general plinking thats all

londonhunter

I`ve shot one and thought it was great fun. The lad who owns it has I think an ARMS / HK mount for it with a 4x optic on it. Without the moderator on it fed HV ammo fine, the lad had made a moderator for it - with the mod it was very quiet but oly about 80% reliable - needed stingers to work well. Only played with it on pltes out to 50m, very fast and accurate enough for what we were doing.

It is temptimg me to buy a MP5 in 9mm.

David.

I though it will be interesting since I called 04 dealers who are stockist.

02 out of 04 stating they have no stock and dont expect anything until late march . April

02 out of 04 stated they have stock and independently stated they dont understand why the frenzy have fzzzzed out

Being caution I though I will ask this forum if there is something I dont know before I commit.

I have ready the yanks review and review in one uk glossy but I just wanted to hear from somebody who has got one and their opinion thats all

I have shot one with stingers chewed up everything and great for plinking

accuracy not in the league of 10/22

I think the advanrage is that a lot of air soft accessories and non presure bearing parts are interchangable. like the expensive sako TRG the only expensive option one have to buy are spare mags

Any way enough rambling ...........

accuracy not in the league of 10/22

Is that not in the league 'better' or not in the league 'worse'?

I've never visualised the 10/22 as a paragon of accuracy. If it shoots worse than 10/22s, presumably it comes with choke tubes?!

I have a match barrel so we are not comparing appples with apples

10/22 at 50 yards under 0.75 inch easy

with this gsg AROUND 1.5 OR THERE ABOUT

I think it is down to tolerance and quality of chamber and barrel

I am sure there are more experience members out there with an answer

but my quesiton is still not answered. If there is a reliability issue? or what why is it suddenly not selling ...........may be I missed something

I think the advanrage is that a lot of air soft accessories and non presure bearing parts are interchangable. like the expensive sako TRG the only expensive option one have to buy are spare mags

I'm intrigued, what TRG parts have you been buying ?

Cheers

Tony

Guest deer308
I have a match barrel so we are not comparing appples with apples

10/22 at 50 yards under 0.75 inch easy

with this gsg AROUND 1.5 OR THERE ABOUT

I think it is down to tolerance and quality of chamber and barrel

I am sure there are more experience members out there with an answer

but my quesiton is still not answered. If there is a reliability issue? or what why is it suddenly not selling ...........may be I missed something

i have 1 and took it to the range 2 weeks ago and gave it a good pasteing with different ammo and 400 rds later still no problems.

a 1st class product and cannot wait to order more for the lacal shooters.

thanks

thank you for an owners feedback in that case I will pick it up nexy week

Sorry I did not buy TRG part for 10/22

What I really mean is Expensive accessories like TRG one you buy the gun which is relatively affordable you get stung by the options

londonhunter

• 3 weeks later...

Collected my GSG - 5 last week from East Barnet - thanks Joe

First impression bloody good fun. Cycled 20 rounds of stingers, minimags, without a hitch.

As advised I removed the 02 piece of alunimium side panels on the magazine and got 23 rounds into the magazine without problems. THe original magazine holds 10 rounds only.

londonhunter

accuracy not really tested so far but what the heck compared with my Ruger gallery look this is the best fun I have had since I had my first air rifle some 35 years ago.........................

londonhunter

Archived