New Upper or Complete Rifle AR15

farmer7

I initially spoke to the two main AR rifle builders here regarding acquiring a new .223 upper to use with my CMMG .22 lower.

Now I'm wondering if I should push the boat out and buy a complete rifle instead.

If I constantly swap back and forth between uppers does it cause wear and tear in the take down pins and mountings?

Will an upper on its own be difficult to move on when the time comes to upgrade/change it?

Any other pros and cons between an upper only v a complete rifle?

Another thought that crossed my mind would be to buy a stripped lower along with the upper and make it complete over time using my existing lower in the meantime. That way I'd have two complete rifles and would keep initial costs down, especially with Christmas coming up!

Any thoughts gentlemen?

Or anyone selling a complete 16/18" low round count AR secondhand?!

Thanks.

If I constantly swap back and forth between uppers does it cause wear and tear in the take down pins and mountings? No

Will an upper on its own be difficult to move on when the time comes to upgrade/change it? No

Any other pros and cons between an upper only v a complete rifle? Well it always nice to have another rifle

I would and did buy a whole gun Baldie has one for sale now I am Bradders can help out too or go for a used gun they are out there they just take some finding .

Aggy

Just another thing to bear in mind I have two southern gun AR 15, one lower fits any other upper I have tried on it .The other gun is very tight and is nigh on impossible to get the take down pins back in when trying to fit a different upper .They should all be the same fit ish .

Archived