Thermal

andybrock

Decided to take the plunge and bought a Pulsar HD38 Thermal, and I'm very very impressed with it, been out tonight and spotted sheep and cattle hundreds of yards away, no foxes about but spotted rabbits, mice and a couple of owls sat in a tree.

Credit to Sportsman GC ordered it Friday afternoon and it turned up this morning!

Been out with mine a few times now and it only gets better as you get used to it.Me and my pal were nearly fighting the other night,he had my pvs14 and I had the thermal as we got to a corn stubble field he scanned it with the pvs and said nowt there so I scanned it with the thermal and got several small heat signs which were mice and a good fox signs at about 220 yards after telling him he was a blind blancmange and getting out and shooting the fox he then concided the thermal was the better unit and you don't have to rely on eye shine alone.

oh dear-looks like im being forced into buying a thermal spotter i was going to buy a spotter to go along with the 14but after all the reviews im getting more tempted :o

oh dear-looks like im being forced into buying a thermal spotter i was going to buy a spotter to go along with the 14but after all the reviews im getting more tempted :o

I was sceptical about thermal but after looking thru barrelsniffer's and the couple of hours that I've used mine it opens up a whole new world! If you can get one go for it you won't be disappointed!

So I take that you were impressed ?

so whats the diference between the HD38 and the new HD38S ?

Smaller, lighter and cheaper!. It's a rapidly advancing technology. 2-3hrs onboard battery or 4-6 with clipon additional battery. 900m mansize detection range. I still like my Guide 518C, but it's a lump in comparison - and £1k dearer!.

Out with a mate saturday with his thermal and wow . Jumping on the bandwagon myself . Is the new pulsar hd38s available yet ?

Atb steve

I believe they are out next month.....

Archived