Can l buy bullets in the USA and have them sent over ?

entel

I have been on the Brownells web page looking up their bullet stocks [ Bergers 155.5 ] They are shown as in stock. So went through the process right up to Checkout. There was no mention of not delivering them to the UK. But my worry is would the Customs impound them ?. Has anybody any experience of ordering from the USA.

Regards ENTEL. :mellow:

Contact Mike Gregg - Reloading International

Im sure he will help if he can

I've bought several lots from reloading international / mike Gregg including amaxs. The only time I've had an issue was with .50 cal amaxs - took a lot of calls and hassle to get them released from UK customs but did in the end tho

You'll have to stay within the $100 limit to get bullets from most U.S. suppliers. In addition, Brownells and others may refuse to sell restricted items such as bullets to someone using a UK credit card.

What makes Mike Gregg different is that he gets an export license done and includes it in the total cost of your shipment, which will work out expensive just for a box or two but if you can put a bulk order into him, it can work out reasonable on cost (although unlikely you will save much/any money over buying in the UK).

Another alternative is Karl at Alpinhunting in Italy

http://www.alpinhunting.com

I've had 500 .20 cal SBK's sent over and subsequently another 200 in a different weight. Delivered by courier within a few days.... once you've got hold of him and he's got them in stock.

I initially tried to order on-line but it wouldn't show the shipping so I got in touch via email.... paid for the first lot using CaxtonFX as recommended but then by P'pal for the second as Caxton's minimum is 100 euros. Just don't mention 'bullets' on P'pal.

By all accounts the Border Agency check your details on the national firearms register and let them through if you've got the calibre and your not over your buying limit.... although there was no sign of any inspection on my packages. Technically you could claim the extra VAT back as it's higher than here.

's me

atb

Fizz

Another alternative is Karl at Alpinhunting in Italy

http://www.alpinhunting.com

I've had 500 .20 cal SBK's sent over and subsequently another 200 in a different weight. Delivered by courier within a few days.... once you've got hold of him and he's got them in stock.

I initially tried to order on-line but it wouldn't show the shipping so I got in touch via email.... paid for the first lot using CaxtonFX as recommended but then by P'pal for the second as Caxton's minimum is 100 euros. Just don't mention 'bullets' on P'pal.

By all accounts the Border Agency check your details on the national firearms register and let them through if you've got the calibre and your not over your buying limit.... although there was no sign of any inspection on my packages. Technically you could claim the extra VAT back as it's higher than here.

's me

atb

Fizz

How does the cost compare fizz against UK prices.....

How does the cost compare fizz against UK prices.....

Pretty good as far as I could see..... they were like rocking horse doo doo in the UK when I was looking ... postage was a whole 8euros

The 39grn .204 SBK's are showing at 23.99 euros/100 which equated to £20.37 on Goggle just now.

Cheers

Fizz

:ph34r:

Archived