McQueens Bullet Weight?

I have been offered some 144 Grn RG (7.62mm) bullets and wondered if there was any gain in loading them exclusively for the McQueens over heavier bullet weights?

Is a lighter bullet a better bet over the tried and tested 155/168 Grn SMK or Lapua Scenar?

If suitable they will be used in my AE, if not they could be used in my ever growing collection of Whitaker Specials! (well both of them actually :) )

I have been offered some 144 Grn RG (7.62mm) bullets and wondered if there was any gain in loading them exclusively for the McQueens over heavier bullet weights?

Is a lighter bullet a better bet over the tried and tested 155/168 Grn SMK or Lapua Scenar?

If suitable they will be used in my AE, if not they could be used in my ever growing collection of Whitaker Specials! (well both of them actually :) )

I'd be surprised if 11 g made much difference,but more surprised if the difference in quality (RG the worst) didn't. They might still be ok,of course. :-)

I have used RG Black Spot out to 1000 yards with reasonable success in the past, I also used some RG the other day which performed abominable at 300 yards!

My assumption is that the bullet is probably ok, but the complete round can be shite!

Hence my thoughts on buying a quantity when they are quite cheap.

Archived