Annealing Machine

farmer7

Are there any UK manufacturers of Annealing machines? Getting fed up of doing them one at a time!

Failing that I know some competent people have made there own. Anyone up for making me one at a nice price??!!

Surely be a nice earner making them for the UK market for a competent machinist. Seems to be American machines only that I've seen.

I built this one for myself 2-3 years ago as an experiment for the interrupted motion drive side of things, it has a rotator station for the cases as well as a mechanical pause. it was great fun to build and now sits gathering dust under a bench.

I use an annealing cup instead.

Such things are hugely costly to build for material alone before you even get them on the machines and given the very limited sales potential over here it is the sort of thing that if someone was lucky they would sell 6 in a year which means they would price themselves out of the market.

The one in the clip progressed a bit in that I added a larger motor/drive and made some modifications and gave it a polish of course however at the end of the day it was just an indulgence.

I have build my own one, no wait let say it differently, I have a friend who made for me. Unless you know someone or you build one your self, you better buy one. You can get one from the states for about £500,-

I was lucky to have a friend who works in precision metal work and managed to get all the material for free cause it was all scraps but still the motor and the bits together must have spend at least £200,-

I used a German Doga Motor and gearbox in the end and it cost a fortune as did the timing belts and gears. Buying in spares for the job did not help matters either. I have avoided adding up the cost of materials and labour as it would probably make my eyes water...

I built one myself but, as Dave says - even trying to make it as cost effective as possible, there's still a lot of work involved when making very small batches.

This one is completely self contained - It'll run of batteries/rechargeable pack or wall plug. It also houses the gas canister, refillable or disposable. Measures 12"x12"x7"

th_20121013_070601.jpgth_Untitled-7.jpgth_annealer.jpg

I built this one for myself 2-3 years ago as an experiment for the interrupted motion drive side of things, it has a rotator station for the cases as well as a mechanical pause. it was great fun to build and now sits gathering dust under a bench.

Is it for sale Davy???!

Archived