6X47 LAPUA

wabbit evaporator

Hi all,

I am just about to pick up a new rifle in the above calibre. I want to shoot Berger 105s and maybe some lighter Berger varmint bullets. I have a couple of lbs of RE 17 that I have been told by a few people works well in their rifles. Any other suggestions for powders to try? GaryW has already given me some excellent advice but any further suggestions would be gratefully received.

I am shooting a 1in8 28" Border barrel in one of Dave Wylde's custom actions.

Cheers!

Hi all,

I am just about to pick up a new rifle in the above calibre. I want to shoot Berger 105s and maybe some lighter Berger varmint bullets. I have a couple of lbs of RE 17 that I have been told by a few people works well in their rifles. Any other suggestions for powders to try? GaryW has already given me some excellent advice but any further suggestions would be gratefully received.

I am shooting a 1in8 28" Border barrel in one of Dave Wylde's custom actions.

Cheers!

just playing with n160 with 87 vmaxs and 95gn sierras shoot well with this powder although the velocity is not warp speed they are accurate.

I have just shot my 6-6.5x47 L today

h4350 40 to 40.6 gn with 105gn Berger Hybids.

Was getting average 3150 plus and nice groups for just firing 50 rounds through a new gun.

I have posted a couple of 100yrd only targets in the Target / F Class section today.

I have a 6.5x47 L as well, just love the case, it does shoot really well with little hassle.

Slightly off topic but I.m interested in this cal too,,,,,,,,I know Berger and Lapua heavy heads cut it for accuracy and are consistent within lots but am bothered that for 6mm all we have for long range varminting and decent BC is the 105 Amax . Have had bad lots of A max and personally almost given up on them,,,,,I will be interested if you guys are using anything else that will do distance accurately and kill?

Was getting average 3150 plus and nice groups for just firing 50 rounds through a new gun.

I have posted a couple of 100yrd only targets in the Target / F Class section today.

I have a 6.5x47 L as well, just love the case, it does shoot really well with little hassle.

Heads up on where you can get 105 hybrids Walkabout please?

I got them from one of my suppliers, they don't have anymore.

They are hard to get anywhere at the moment, i'm having trouble.

I have 1000 115 Dtacs which I may have to try and hope stabalize if I can't get any Bergers?

Hey walkabout! Are you going to try RL17. Is 4350 still available and without insane prices?

I have 3 tubs of h4350 so will keep trying with it, I also have 5 tubs of R17 so yes thats going to be in the next test.

I am off to Parracombe testing again in the next 10 days so will keep you informed.

I have also used H4350 with good success in my 6x47 with 105 hybrids. Would recommend you start a fair bit lower than the load mentioned above as personally found 40+grains to be near the limits

N160 also worth a look, very accurate in mine

Rgds

I have settled on 40grn, es 6 and avg 3169. I found If I went much higher I was getting a lot of pressure signs. My barrel is 30" by the way

With N160 its 39.6grn

Rgds Charlie

Archived