Helical Howa

DeltaV

yes mate.

I know that ist expensive to get done in the Uk and that lads have been sending bolts to the USA and its bieng costing 80quid.

I'll do it on any bolt that hasn't got bits and pieces sticking on the side to get in the way (like the mauser 98 and the other control round feeds)

(edited by Ronin)

Pete

Guest varmartin
yes mate.

I know that ist expensive to get done in the Uk and that lads have been sending bolts to the USA and its bieng costing 80quid.

so i figured why not offer the service.

I'll do it on any bolt that hasn't got bits and pieces sticking on the side to get in the way (like the mauser 98 and the other control round feeds)

I figure on having 1 date per month for bolts to be sent in by, then i'll do the lot as one job and stay at it untill i'm done and the have the bolts back to the owners asap.

Pete

Cheers Pete, ;)

Martin

Do the guys who send to the states have the bolts re prooved?

depends on how you look at it. logicaly by fluting you aren't altering any load bearing area of the bolt, infact the bolt body rearward of the lugs is only a tube through which the firing pin passes, hence its no impact on the actual strength of the rifle action at all.

I guess you could argue the point, just like you can argue about moddy's needing proofing.

sako 75 no problem,

Pete

After a complaint from a member, I have edited some of the thread as on reflection it did not conform to the rules of the forum.

If anyone wishes to find out any further details about this post, it may be best to PM DeltaV direct, rather than ask questions that may lead DeltaV to be in breach of the rules again and lead to another complaint.

Moderation without fear, predjudice or favour

Ronin

sorry, didn't intend to tout for business. i was like a kid in a sweet shop on the new 4 axis machine and just thought some of the decent lads on here might be done a favour by knowing, but then judging by the location statistics of the 8000+ visitors a month to me web site, i guess the interested parties would have seen it when the new site runs up anyhow.

Dont suppose i'm allowed to post a pic of the 408cheytac bolt i did at the same time as the howa eh.. oh well. never mind. just have to wait for the new galleries eh.

have a good un, back into work me nuts off and stop posting on forums mode. ;)

Pete

Pete

any photographs of interesting jobs would make good reading, I for one would be interested and that applies to anyone who has done something rifle based be it a bolt knob conversion, helical fluting or even a blueprint job.

That applies to any member be it trade or otherwise

Just remember not to advertise the price unless you are a site sponsor ;):rolleyes:

sorry, didn't intend to tout for business. i was like a kid in a sweet shop on the new 4 axis machine and just thought some of the decent lads on here might be done a favour by knowing, but then judging by the location statistics of the 8000+ visitors a month to me web site, i guess the interested parties would have seen it when the new site runs up anyhow.

Dont suppose i'm allowed to post a pic of the 408cheytac bolt i did at the same time as the howa eh.. oh well. never mind. just have to wait for the new galleries eh.

have a good un, back into work me nuts off and stop posting on forums mode. ;)

Pete

Pete

Any chance of a link to the new web site? But only if allowed of course. :rolleyes:

Admin is that allowed in the site rules???

Are the rules posted anywhere for public scrutiny ?

Well i did offer to sponsor the site way back, but i wasn't wanted as those who decide where more prone to listen to certain individuals with an axe than to me. so i wont post prices anymore ok.

As for interesting jobs and photos, plenty of new stuff coming in the pipeline at the mo, without saying too much that is. suffice to say that i'm sick to death of getting let down with supply and am taking major steps to sort supply on my doorstep, as in, if the yanks or whoever cant supply or wont supply quick enough, then design a better mouse trap and we'll make it our selves and then offer it on to the EU trade/enduser. hence, watch this space....

Doc. the new site will replace the old site but the old site name still belongs and will be linked directly to the new site, we just removed the word "precision" to make it easier for the Germans to pronounce. The new site will eventualy be multi language, french, spanish, polish, russian and a few others. Starting with English and German of course,and there is a web shop, I'm just about to start interviewing for someone to run the webshop/mail order side. criteria is 1. female. 2. goodlooking :P ha ha.. na.. brains and knowledge of the firearms industry are priority... anyone interested? new site is set for launch just before the IWA.

we've also got a site called silentrifle that will be dealing with all aspects of moddy info.

hope i haven't said anything that will warrant complaints. but then some dipshits complain when i so much as breath eh..

Pete

Well i did offer to sponsor the site way back, but i wasn't wanted as those who decide where more prone to listen to certain individuals with an axe than to me. so i wont post prices anymore ok.

As for interesting jobs and photos, plenty of new stuff coming in the pipeline at the mo, without saying too much that is. suffice to say that i'm sick to death of getting let down with supply and am taking major steps to sort supply on my doorstep, as in, if the yanks or whoever cant supply or wont supply quick enough, then design a better mouse trap and we'll make it our selves and then offer it on to the EU trade/enduser. hence, watch this space....

Doc. the new site will replace the old site but the old site name still belongs and will be linked directly to the new site, we just removed the word "precision" to make it easier for the Germans to pronounce. The new site will eventualy be multi language, french, spanish, polish, russian and a few others. Starting with English and German of course,and there is a web shop, I'm just about to start interviewing for someone to run the webshop/mail order side. criteria is 1. female. 2. goodlooking :P ha ha.. na.. brains and knowledge of the firearms industry are priority... anyone interested? new site is set for launch just before the IWA.

we've also got a site called silentrifle that will be dealing with all aspects of moddy info.

hope i haven't said anything that will warrant complaints. but then some dipshits complain when i so much as breath eh..

Pete

Oh well Pete, I wish you good fortune in your endeavours, however it is a little galling to hear about such exciting things happening at Roedale, when as an existing Customer I am still not in receipt of my Rifle which went for a "10 week" job, exactly 51 weeks ago. I would have thought that existing customers who have put cash on the table might have some kind of priority in the grand scheme of things. It appears not to have been the case.

PLEASE everyone, do not start a general slagging match on this post, I have had the whole Roedale Customer Service "Thing" up to the gills, it is a sad fact of life and thats the end of it , as far as I am concerned.

I am led to believe, and was told today, that the rifle is now finished, (I haven't seen it) and delivery has been promised in accordance with my work schedule.

ENDEX ....... hopefully!

ATB

T260

Yeah whatever Peter. half a story again

rifle expected Feb 2007

rifle booked in. 01.06.2007 52 weeks ?

rifle out of sequence in the scale of things, fitted in at next oppertunity.

July 07. McMillan stock un packed, was pre ordered and on shelf. found to be not usable due to being taken out of the mold before cured, cracked through the centre. we where stuck with no stock, i gave you the option of I fix the stock or we look for another.

Aug 07, after a few weeks of discussion and back and forth, we decided together to have a manners stock. stock ordered same day.

Manners got busy with US orders, sako 75 inletting put on back burner, of course this put us back to square 1.

I ordered in 3 McMillan stocks that where on thier specials page and gave you the choice of what i could get. ( the other 2 stocks, one went to another guy in the UK FOC to make up for waiting)

Sept 07 You wanted a picatinny rail.(not ordered at time of rifle order) We couldn't get one. Richard Near wasn't making any, he was however requested to notify as soon as next batch where in production and to forward us one on asap. In the mean time i got on with a design of my own and put it into production.

Sept 07 Then you decided to have the whole rifle TiAIN coated.

We got on with that.

you know, as does everyone else the problems i had in my life over the last 18months,we've been over that crap, but did i expect you and a few others to cut me any slack.. na. i know the customer service that i was able to provide between 2 jobs 300mile apart a Dad with cancer and a wife recovering from childhood sexual abuse was not what one would expect from a decent gun shop, but, under the circumstances, with all things considered, including dodgey mcmillan stocks and change requests on build specs, i did my damned best, and a lot of others would have folded under the strain.

I didn't and at the mo i'm bouncing back full of energy

exciting things happening, yes, and why, all at customer request, i am sorry to hear that it maybe galling to you, but other folk are happy that developements and new ventures are about to give them exactly what they require. Delays happen when creating a one off custom rifle, its a fact, its a fact i'm no more happy with than you, but instead of sitting on my ass complaining about how that which promotes growth and vigour the firearms industry is in its delivery supply and schedule ethics, ive gotten my head stuck into it, put several thousands of pounds where my mouth is (what you think a 4 axis CNC mill costs?) and am working hard every day to improve my service and to offer a service with an alternative to the US supply bottleneck. Will the UK and EU gun trade benefit? yeah, and i'll make a living as well.

now, it would be realy nice if some would see " heck, theres a Brit ex pat, working his arse off to overcome all sorts of difficulties, he's doing his best, he's working hard, he will make a mark on the EU guntrade and it will be a benefit to the whole industry,"

appreciate the innovation, recognise the passion, and aplaud the doggedness and lets support the guy. ????

a pat on the back instead of a knife would occasionaly be welcome..

I thought about coming back onto a uk forum, thought maybe my fellow countrymen would be appreciative, kind and forgiving.

and what happens, i'm not on here 5 mins before some one is complaining, some one else starts bitching,

some times i am ashamed to be British.

Pete

Yeah whatever Peter. half a story again

rifle expected Feb 2007

rifle booked in. 01.06.2007 52 weeks ?

rifle out of sequence in the scale of things, fitted in at next oppertunity.

July 07. McMillan stock un packed, was pre ordered and on shelf. found to be not usable due to being taken out of the mold before cured, cracked through the centre. we where stuck with no stock, i gave you the option of I fix the stock or we look for another.

Aug 07, after a few weeks of discussion and back and forth, we decided together to have a manners stock. stock ordered same day.

Manners got busy with US orders, sako 75 inletting put on back burner, of course this put us back to square 1.

I ordered in 3 McMillan stocks that where on thier specials page and gave you the choice of what i could get. ( the other 2 stocks, one went to another guy in the UK FOC to make up for waiting)

Sept 07 You wanted a picatinny rail.(not ordered at time of rifle order) We couldn't get one. Richard Near wasn't making any, he was however requested to notify as soon as next batch where in production and to forward us one on asap. In the mean time i got on with a design of my own and put it into production.

Sept 07 Then you decided to have the whole rifle TiAIN coated.

We got on with that.

you know, as does everyone else the problems i had in my life over the last 18months,we've been over that crap, but did i expect you and a few others to cut me any slack.. na. i know the customer service that i was able to provide between 2 jobs 300mile apart a Dad with cancer and a wife recovering from childhood sexual abuse was not what one would expect from a decent gun shop, but, under the circumstances, with all things considered, including dodgey mcmillan stocks and change requests on build specs, i did my damned best, and a lot of others would have folded under the strain.

I didn't and at the mo i'm bouncing back full of energy

exciting things happening, yes, and why, all at customer request, i am sorry to hear that it maybe galling to you, but other folk are happy that developements and new ventures are about to give them exactly what they require. Delays happen when creating a one off custom rifle, its a fact, its a fact i'm no more happy with than you, but instead of sitting on my ass complaining about how that which promotes growth and vigour the firearms industry is in its delivery supply and schedule ethics, ive gotten my head stuck into it, put several thousands of pounds where my mouth is (what you think a 4 axis CNC mill costs?) and am working hard every day to improve my service and to offer a service with an alternative to the US supply bottleneck. Will the UK and EU gun trade benefit? yeah, and i'll make a living as well.

now, it would be realy nice if some would see " heck, theres a Brit ex pat, working his arse off to overcome all sorts of difficulties, he's doing his best, he's working hard, he will make a mark on the EU guntrade and it will be a benefit to the whole industry,"

appreciate the innovation, recognise the passion, and aplaud the doggedness and lets support the guy. ????

a pat on the back instead of a knife would occasionaly be welcome..

I thought about coming back onto a uk forum, thought maybe my fellow countrymen would be appreciative, kind and forgiving.

and what happens, i'm not on here 5 mins before some one is complaining, some one else starts bitching,

some times i am ashamed to be British.

Pete

Pete i must correct you on your dates.

i sent this rifle to you on the 05/03/07 and i confirmed receipt with you 3 days latter, as i do confirm all my rifles i post anywhere.

and this is all in my files if anyone cares to see.

all so for the record i sent this rifle as a favour and i have all so said i will except the rifle back to help the job along.

this offer still stands as it does to anyone who is waiting for rifles from Pete.

i will do this service for free to help everyone out.

ATB

Colin :P

Archived