safe shooter cert

maxxis35

My club is Minsterley ranges and they don't do these certs, there are no other clubs local with the facilities I require that my club has,how can I get a cert in order to shoot csr at Bisley as I want to do this place with Diggle.

i think unless you van find a local club youre better to do it through bisley , have a look at the nra website for details

i think unless you van find a local club youre better to do it through bisley , have a look at the nra website for details

How is this achieved, do I under go some sort of evaluation, or enter a comp under supervision.

you can pass certain categories with in the ssc allowing you to shoot with in them categories i.e. long range rifle, long barrel revolver etc once you have the cert that is it as far as that is concerned but your repective club may have different rulings towards probabtionary time scales

Maxxis,

Seems strange that Minsterly is not associated with the NRA, but if its private then they have no need to be.

Normally when you join a club you go thru' a probation period and training/assessment, shorter for existing FAC holders. Once you've completed this then the Club Chairman would sign you off for the firearms you use and demostrate competency with and issue your card.

As said, looks like you join a NRA associated club or do it at Bisley.

Terry

safe shooter certificate is only required for military ranges such as Bisley, kingsbury, Sennybridge, Lydd etc etc

any ranges that do not fall under military ownership, such as Minsterly and Diggle, which are privately owned, a safe shooter cert is not required, hence why any members of minsterly will struggle to get one,

nothing to do with NRA membership or affiliation

Hi, Worcester Norton use Severn Side to do our certs. It's Roger Bill of Bromsgrove shooting supplies who takes the course.

You could ask Roger Bill if he can cert you or otherwise Bisley.

Best Regards Phil Winnall

If you phone Roger, you can say Phil Winnall said to try him. I shoot at Worcester Norton. I'm just getting into this long range stuff too so got to do my cert.

Bisley will cert you for the day of a comp if you are lucky. They were very helpful when I did the Phoenix this year. Tested me for that day only while I shot the comp :-)

Hi, Worcester Norton use Severn Side to do our certs. It's Roger Bill of Bromsgrove shooting supplies who takes the course.

You could ask Roger Bill if he can cert you or otherwise Bisley.

Best Regards Phil Winnall

If you phone Roger, you can say Phil Winnall said to try him. I shoot at Worcester Norton. I'm just getting into this long range stuff too so got to do my cert.

Bisley will cert you for the day of a comp if you are lucky. They were very helpful when I did the Phoenix this year. Tested me for that day only while I shot the comp :-)

I shoot as a guest a Worcester Norton for the 22semi auto/12 g comps. I will ask Roger at the shop to sort me out, cheers.

Hi,

How did you get on yesterday? Did you shoot the comp at Worcester.

I would have shot it but i'm still trying to get some 30mm rings for my new scope.

I've got a zeiss duralyt 2-8x42 illuminated scope for my tony Kidd 10/22 so not shot it in a comp yet.

Best Regards Phil

Hi,

How did you get on yesterday? Did you shoot the comp at Worcester.

I would have shot it but i'm still trying to get some 30mm rings for my new scope.

I've got a zeiss duralyt 2-8x42 illuminated scope for my tony Kidd 10/22 so not shot it in a comp yet.

Best Regards Phil

No didn't shoot yesterday as had some diy to do.

Archived