n-135 in the .17 rem

minkstone

As above, anyone use this powder in their .17 rem, and what results?....According to "quickload" this has a much better case fill density with almost identical velocity which seems a better option,......your experiences using this powder would be appreciated.

Regards.

PS. Will be using the 25gr v-max soley in my loads.

As above, anyone use this powder in their .17 rem, and what results?....According to "quickload" this has a much better case fill density with almost identical velocity which seems a better option,......your experiences using this powder would be appreciated.

Regards.

PS. Will be using the 25gr v-max soley in my loads.

i have stated this a lot of times on here-im my opinion n135 is "the powder"for the 17 rem i have used this load for 14yrs-

20 vmax-24.2 gns n135 remmy br primers.

there are other very good combos out there but i have a lot of testing with the 17 and always come back to this load.

varget is another good powder for 25gn for a plinking load i use 25gn bergers with 24.6gns and remmy primers.

with a 25 vmax you should start at about 21.5 and work up slowly in .2gn increases.

as always caution is the word small calibres have a nasty habit of biting you in the arse.

Cheers for the replies fellas and for the offers of some N-135. I use this powder in my 6BR, so it's a bonus to be able to use it in my new .17rem as well (tikka 595, pacnor 9 twist supermatch).

Regards.

• 1 year later...

Cheers for the replies fellas and for the offers of some N-135. I use this powder in my 6BR, so it's a bonus to be able to use it in my new .17rem as well (tikka 595, pacnor 9 twist supermatch).

Regards.

How did you get on with N135?

Archived